• 2 weeks later...

Since it was brought up in Steve's rim dipping thread, I'll post it here too.

Question:

Could you use regular automotive paint over top of the Plastidip so you can see different colors on the vehicle, then if you don't like the look, just peel it off?

In my results, no. There was an adhesion problem between the cured Plastidip and the new gloss enamel, caused the Plastidip to bubble and pretty much peel right off. I will try another test piece and a new technique about painting over top of the Plastidip tomorrow and see if I can yield better results or a possible way to spray an enamel or gloss paint on top of the Plastidip.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Since it was brought up in Steve's rim dipping thread, I'll post it here too.

Question:

Could you use regular automotive paint over top of the Plastidip so you can see different colors on the vehicle, then if you don't like the look, just peel it off?

In my results, no. There was an adhesion problem between the cured Plastidip and the new gloss enamel, caused the Plastidip to bubble and pretty much peel right off. I will try another test piece and a new technique about painting over top of the Plastidip tomorrow and see if I can yield better results or a possible way to spray an enamel or gloss paint on top of the Plastidip.

Most spray paint contains a thinner of some sort xylene or something else. The thinner will cause the plastic dip to liquefy rendering it useless. You might be able to get away with paint from the a can with pretty good results. Just have to keep an eye out for brush strokes and what not.

Well tomorrow I'm actually gonna throw a coat of primer on top of the dip, let that dry, then try out some rattle can high gloss that I have lying around. I tried just the high gloss without primer before, so we'll see if this ends up with a better result.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Picked up the Wagner electric power/airless sprayer from Lowe's for about $130 ;)

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Haha no shit, right? It'd be great if we were all local lol. Chris Hammer ordered some Plastidip too, but he had to have it shipped out of state due to California's laws about those toxic chemicals.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Haha no shit, right? It'd be great if we were all local lol. Chris Hammer ordered some Plastidip too, but he had to have it shipped out of state due to California's laws about those toxic chemicals.

Wait...ur saying I can't get plastidip....

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Gotta ship it to another state, then either drive and pick it up, or get it shipped to a buddies house and they can ship it to you

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived