Tuning With 3sixty.1?

ok so i got the 360.1 (yes yes i know its not the .2 but i will have to deal) ok i have focals up front and am planning on adding midbass up front to have 3 way components. i alreay have the crossover for the 3 way set but would like to know the cross overs are meant to only allow the speakers to play certain frequencies right? well when i tune with the 360 wont i exactly be doing what the crossover does?? im only running the front stage off a 2 channel amp and i dont want to run an active front end. any advise on what i should do when tuning with the 360? thanks for any and all answers

2v27cjs.png

Jeffrey Ribeiro

Co-Founder

Gold Leaf Consultants

E: [email protected]

www.GoldLeafConsultants.com

CA refs: abdulwq, jordyo,sgdenny,shinju, bannok

SMD refs: Assman, zfrerichs, shinju, Loganberry

CCA refs: jordyo, SR SQ, nothing13, Mat-Romain, JohnnyRock1588, Brandon, KingRukus, SPDDMON, BlitzSix

CA feedback thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.p...384#post5068384

imo i think you wasted your money on the 360.1 if your NOT wanting to run active.

Theres no real point of using the active processor if your still going to run the passive crossovers because the crossovers are pre-set on what freq to let through to each speaker (midbass/midrange/tweet).

With the 360 you will be able to fine tune the best freq per speaker (midbass/midrange/tweet) and get all the speakers to blend together better, where as you are limited to do so with passive crossovers.

And if there is any set of speakers you want to run active on it would be your front stage since this is where you will always be, unless you want it to sound better for the backseat passengers instead of the front seat passengers, but that would just be wrong.. :lol:

i guess im running active then lol the crossovers only cost me 20 bux anyways lol i guess ill have to get a 4 channel amp probably just a t4004. so ill run the t5002 on the mid bass, 2 channels of the 4004 on the midrange and the other 2 on the tweets. do you recomend the frequencies to which each component be tuned to?

2v27cjs.png

Jeffrey Ribeiro

Co-Founder

Gold Leaf Consultants

CCA refs: jordyo, SR SQ, nothing13, Mat-Romain, JohnnyRock1588, Brandon, KingRukus, SPDDMON, BlitzSix

CA feedback thread

anyone? :D

2v27cjs.png

Jeffrey Ribeiro

Co-Founder

Gold Leaf Consultants

CA feedback thread

I would find out the freq response of each speaker and use those freq for starter settings, and improve the settings from there.

If you bought the crossovers for 20 bucks, Im going to go out on the limb and say that Im willing to bet that they are not the correct crossovers for the component set that you are going to be using.

Im not saying that the crossovers will not work with the component set because they will, but it wont be as precise for the components unless you where to use the supplied crossovers. Pretty much every crossover is made to cross the speakers over at the speakers freq range and block out harmful freqs, but when you are mixing crossovers with the speakers chances are the crossover will allow either to high or low of freq through to the speakers which is kind of harmful to the speakers.

But running active with the 360.1 and a 4 channel amp and a 2 channel amp like you said will deff sound way better then running passive. It should be a night and day difference between the two!!!

guess what the .1 doesnt have crossover settings other then the sub so its perfect for a passive setup

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

is this true ^^^ if it is thats great :D

2v27cjs.png

Jeffrey Ribeiro

Co-Founder

Gold Leaf Consultants

CA feedback thread

Guest MegaloManiac

no real point in using the 360.1 for your setup, you wont notice anything different in sound speaking realistically. 360.1 has no EQ for non OEM integration use. Honestly IMHO i would skip over that 360.1, you arent making any use out of it. Just my opinion.