1.5 Farad Digital Capacitor Add On

Caps are usually used on cars with small subs that have fully stock electrical that wish to remain stock.

I only have a 200 watt Pioneer amp with a pair of 10"s in a bandpass since I use the Car to DJ with... That is why I was thinking of the Cap 1st before anything.... The smaller the footprint I take the better...

Wait a minute, something is wrong if you're dimming with only 200 watts

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Have you replaced your charging wires and grounds? What is known as the big 3. It can be done for $40-50 and helps out a ton. Alt to battery +, engine ground to chassis ground, battery - to chassis ground. Hit up a local welding supply shop and get some 1/0 welding cable and some 1/0 lugs. There's a few, and by that I mean alot, of guides here in this sub forum.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

But the weird thing is, he's only running 200 watts, and have lights dimming, there is something wrong here.

OP, where did you ground your amp?

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I actually was reading about that a little while ago on here and saw a vid or 2 on youtube and was contemplating doing that... Just that funds are low at the moment.... Djing as not picked up yet so alot of these things have to wait till I have that.... Can someone give me an exact list of what I would need to get the Big 3 done??? I have never done something like that before....

'04 Toyota Corolla

Currently Installed:

Pioneer DEH-P4400UB

Pioneer GM-5500T X 1

Pioneer TS0W254R X 2

Q-Logic Bandpass Enclosure

Blue LED Front Underdash Lighting

Future Upgrades:

Pioneer DVD H/U

Big 3

Main Battery plus Extra in Trunk

Cap

But the weird thing is, he's only running 200 watts, and have lights dimming, there is something wrong here.

OP, where did you ground your amp?

Right near the Amp. THe guy gave me 6' of 0 gauge that he had laying around. I never cut it left it to length and Bought a wire wheel for my cordless drill and cleaned up a spot and used 2 self tapers right to metal... I also used O terminals for everything.....

'04 Toyota Corolla

Currently Installed:

Pioneer DEH-P4400UB

Pioneer GM-5500T X 1

Pioneer TS0W254R X 2

Future Upgrades:

Pioneer DVD H/U

Big 3

Cap

Hmm, it's still weird you have dimming lights on 200 watts though

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

OP, what is the car in question?

There are lots of explanations for light dim. AC being on, heater being on, windsheild wipers, blah blah blah. Big 3 is your best bet to begin with.

2004 Toyota Corolla

Today when I get home I will call my local car audio shop and see what he is getting for cabling right now...

'04 Toyota Corolla

Currently Installed:

Pioneer DEH-P4400UB

Pioneer GM-5500T X 1

Pioneer TS0W254R X 2

Future Upgrades:

Pioneer DVD H/U

Big 3

Cap

Just to update... I did some testing on my way to work... The amp I am running is a pioneer gm5500t and it is has 820 watts... I had it running in stereo and the other day i changed it to bridged mon. The subs are 2 pioneer ts234r and they are 250 rms @ 4 ohms...

Before I could turn my h/u up to 40-46/63 before dimming and now 35-40/63 dimming...

I am thinking another battery will do the trick...Plus my wife agreed to let do the big 3 in the spring....

'04 Toyota Corolla

Currently Installed:

Pioneer DEH-P4400UB

Pioneer GM-5500T X 1

Pioneer TS0W254R X 2

Future Upgrades:

Pioneer DVD H/U

Big 3

Cap

Just to update... I did some testing on my way to work... The amp I am running is a pioneer gm5500t and it is has 820 watts... I had it running in stereo and the other day i changed it to bridged mon. The subs are 2 pioneer ts234r and they are 250 rms @ 4 ohms...

Before I could turn my h/u up to 40-46/63 before dimming and now 35-40/63 dimming...

I am thinking another battery will do the trick...Plus my wife agreed to let do the big 3 in the spring....

Always good when women let you do stuff! It took 3 months and a port blowing out of my box before my mom would let me and my dad make a big mess making my new box...lol.

Best bet is to do big 3 in the engine bay, then a run of 1/0 to the trunk with the extra battery. Have your amp with 4 gauge or whatever coming off that rear battery. Makes me want to build in my dad's volvo!

Archived