1.5 Farad Digital Capacitor Add On

For awhile now I have been wanting to add something to my car but not sure what way to go or if I should do both. I just replaced my regular battery in September of last year since it was 8 years old and I did not know that. My system is perfect for what I use it for not heading into contests just yet. However I am having a dimming issue when I crank it up over 28 to 30 depending on the song I am listening to... I have everything set properly through a Test CD that I have. I am a DJ by trade and also run live sound so I know a little more than most to be dangerious. I set my gains using a 40 Hz tone and as far as I can tell my next step is to add a Capacitor or extra battery next to the box...

I was discussing this with a mechanic at Pep Boys where I get alot of my repairs done and he was telling me that just adding the Capacitor should take care of the dimming since I have the biggest alternater they sell and a new battery...

I found a Lightning Audio 1.5 Farad Digital Capacitor for $100. I know it goes inline with the battery however do I need to relay it with the amp as well so the display only comes on when my h/u is on? I have never done something like this before. I am steping into a higher end of car audio than ever before...

'04 Toyota Corolla

Currently Installed:

Pioneer DEH-P4400UB

Pioneer GM-5500T X 1

Pioneer TS0W254R X 2

Q-Logic Bandpass Enclosure

Blue LED Front Underdash Lighting

Future Upgrades:

Pioneer DVD H/U

Big 3

Main Battery plus Extra in Trunk

Cap

For $100, you can get this instead, a lot more useful than a cap
http://www.remybattery.com/deka-intimidator/9a34m-ct-agm-battery.aspx

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Capacitors may have a purpose, but not to fix electrical issues

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Caps are usually used on cars with small subs that have fully stock electrical that wish to remain stock.

Hey guys thanks... I will have to wait then... I want to put a yellow top or a red top.... I have to do this as low key as I can or else my wife will kill me... She thinks it is all a waste of time doing what I am doing. However I deliever Newspapers from 3am-6am and I do not crank it up but nice to have some great music to listen to when doing it and at 6:30-7am cruising back home down the highway listening to it is great... Also when I am heading to a DJing gig....

'04 Toyota Corolla

Currently Installed:

Pioneer DEH-P4400UB

Pioneer GM-5500T X 1

Pioneer TS0W254R X 2

Future Upgrades:

Pioneer DVD H/U

Big 3

Cap

I've read that capacitors can help with the drops you get when you play certain frequencies because they discharge a lot faster than batteries, but only if you have the proper electrical to support what you're running first, you never use it to band-aid a poor or insufficient electrical setup.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Caps are usually used on cars with small subs that have fully stock electrical that wish to remain stock.

I only have a 200 watt Pioneer amp with a pair of 10"s in a bandpass since I use the Car to DJ with... That is why I was thinking of the Cap 1st before anything.... The smaller the footprint I take the better...

'04 Toyota Corolla

Currently Installed:

Pioneer DEH-P4400UB

Pioneer GM-5500T X 1

Pioneer TS0W254R X 2

Future Upgrades:

Pioneer DVD H/U

Big 3

Cap