Second Skin Audio

Best Box? (2x15"s)

BMX-Casey

I've currently got 2x15s in the factory (standard) box.

They are 2x 'XT15's (Inphase).

Rated at (aparantly 900WRMS) and 1800W Peak.

Being powered by an Inphase IPA2400 amp.

I've got them wired up at like 1.3ohms or something silly, due to one sub being 4 ohm and one being 2 ohm.

The box it is in now is a pretty good box, with 2 ports. One side exiting port and another from the rear.

It has enough power to make my windscreen wobble and my eyes vibrate enough to make my vision go blurry, but I'm looking for a bit more SPL! But at the same time... Sq..

What box would be best?

InPhase have provided me with no information about enclosure sizes/measurements/figures, etc.

All I know is that they have a double suspension (Due to cutting a spare cone up out of curiosity) and they're 15"... aha!

I like the sound of T-lines or Folded Horn's, but I'd presume they would have to be MASSIVE?

This build will most likely be used in competitions too...

Don't really want to go down the route of a sealed box cause every single one I've heard hasn't sounded that great.

I ported my 10" Sub box and it make it sound 400x better!

Basically I just want them LOUD, without having to put too much stress on the subs and/or amps.

I mainly listen to Dubstep/Drum and Bass/House/Electro, etc.

(Long droned out bass notes, as well as short hitting ones!)

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Without t/s parameters you can't really decide what's best for your subs. 1/4 wave boxes will be big and likely doable with smaller subs.

Also if you mix impedances you will have one of the subs taking more power than the other so a no go.

my 2x 8" do what u decribe on less power

It has enough power to make my windscreen wobble and my eyes vibrate enough to make my vision go blurry, but I'm looking for a bit more SPL! But at the same time... Sq..

with some measurements well be able to work out, roughly what the net volume youll have available

then pick from there what will best suit the airspace available, weather it be 2x 12 2x 15 or even a single 15

Archived