How to reduce HU output voltage??

First of all my new Parrot Asteroid has 6v outputs and my amps have 5v max inputs. Will the 1 extra volt be nough to hurt the amps? If so can I use an electronic crossover with adjustable input to lower the voltage? Ive come to the end of my budget for this build and want to get something under $50 shipped.. I was looking at the Pyramid CR66 elec. low pass crossover since I can get it for $30 shipped..

what amps?

Check if the gain is controlled by output levels on the HU, some (not all makes) are.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Audiopipe APSM1300 they have an adjustable input of .2v to 5v .. I wont know if there is a sub gain control on the headunit till I get it in and installed.. I read a few places that if the voltage isnt significantly higher than amplifiers max input voltage that the gain could be set to minimum and it wouldnt hurt anything.. I just dropped $2k on new amps, subs and, headunit so I really dont want to burn anything up..

Audiopipe APSM1300 they have an adjustable input of .2v to 5v .. I wont know if there is a sub gain control on the headunit till I get it in and installed.. I read a few places that if the voltage isnt significantly higher than amplifiers max input voltage that the gain could be set to minimum and it wouldnt hurt anything.. I just dropped $2k on new amps, subs and, headunit so I really dont want to burn anything up..

im sorry but i have to ask this. how did you spend 2 grand on everything, when you have a $120 sub amp?

^^^^ wondering too???

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

18s were $925 after shipping, radio $280, amps were $250, plus new batts, wire, wood..

im sorry but i have to ask this. how did you spend 2 grand on everything, when you have a $120 sub amp?

how come buy fantastic woofers (i assume, because price) and then cheap out on the amps that are supposed to help make them sound nice? dont mean to come off as a dick, but it has never made sense to me when people do this sort of thing.

Archived