96 DemoCCord. 150@32hz in a trunk + 3way SQ front stage

nice build man sounds good bro!

Thanks man. Appreciate it. It will get better in the future. Right now I'm just in college full time so no time for working... I'm struggling to do small updates....

Btw updates coming soon.... Fuses, ToolMaker Dual inputs ordered, more 1/0 from audio technix and 40 more sq feet of Audio Technix 60 mil... For a total of over 90 sq feet of deadener.... 2 deflex pads in the front doors.... Lots of foam, and some more anti rattle type stuff :)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Driver side port is louder for the driver from what I understand. Thats how I'm porting mine I think. Might port middle though too.

So port driver side is louder for driver sealed off from the trunk? I see a lot of people port driver side to be louder on the meter (passenger side) ... But are you sure that is louder to the ear?

With my current set up my port is facing the trunk lid along with the subs, but the port is on passenger side and its way louder by ear on driver side then passenger side. Could it be that way just because its facing the rear of the car not sealed off from the front?

I'm asking this specifically because I'm not rebuilding my box. My next one will be a wall but until then I'm just doing things to work on being louder with that I have till I leave college and can start working again.

I'm doing the same set up and I've had about 4 people, 1 competitor, 1 hobbiest with the same set up, and 2 box builders say driver side is louder front facing and sealed. So I'm going off that. Worst you can do is have to flip the box 180* and test both sides. I personally will probably port middle cause I'm not competing and don't really care, well sort of anyway, about numbers. This is just the start of a system for me, and I'll be upgrading and building upon it later. Just some suggestions.

But bottom line is noone will be able to tell you what's going to be loudest or best in your car unless they have the same car, same equipment, in the same environment as you and the chances of that are slim to none or impossible. Best thing I would suggest, is flip your box toward the cabin. Build a trim panel that's separate from the box, so you can attach it and then remove it to test different ways.

Again, just suggestions. But a box like that, is easy enough to maneuver to test in different ways. Good luck, can't wait for updates.

Driver side port is louder for the driver from what I understand. Thats how I'm porting mine I think. Might port middle though too.

So port driver side is louder for driver sealed off from the trunk? I see a lot of people port driver side to be louder on the meter (passenger side) ... But are you sure that is louder to the ear?

With my current set up my port is facing the trunk lid along with the subs, but the port is on passenger side and its way louder by ear on driver side then passenger side. Could it be that way just because its facing the rear of the car not sealed off from the front?

I'm asking this specifically because I'm not rebuilding my box. My next one will be a wall but until then I'm just doing things to work on being louder with that I have till I leave college and can start working again.

I'm doing the same set up and I've had about 4 people, 1 competitor, 1 hobbiest with the same set up, and 2 box builders say driver side is louder front facing and sealed. So I'm going off that. Worst you can do is have to flip the box 180* and test both sides. I personally will probably port middle cause I'm not competing and don't really care, well sort of anyway, about numbers. This is just the start of a system for me, and I'll be upgrading and building upon it later. Just some suggestions.

But bottom line is noone will be able to tell you what's going to be loudest or best in your car unless they have the same car, same equipment, in the same environment as you and the chances of that are slim to none or impossible. Best thing I would suggest, is flip your box toward the cabin. Build a trim panel that's separate from the box, so you can attach it and then remove it to test different ways.

Again, just suggestions. But a box like that, is easy enough to maneuver to test in different ways. Good luck, can't wait for updates.

As far as trim panels I can't make any at school because I have no access to anything other then cardboard and gorilla tape lol.

My box literally fits with in .5inches of my trunk opening on all sides except for the top which is about 1 inch. I was going to painters tape it all off... And use plastic bags filled with greatstuff foam to get the seal and find some way to make it look decent if I get a improvement in my sound.

Did a lot of searching to come up with this answer. Coleman from audio Technix actually recommended it since I'm not willing to make a mess in my car but I still want that seal.

What's your ideas on this?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

Soundrive custom RCA's

Well if you only have a half inch around the box, then why not get some door weatherstripping from home depot, or even cheaper, some of those pool noodles from wal mart for like a buck each I think. Then you can cut those up and stuff em in the gaps. That will seal it, and if you need to cover the color, black gorilla tape.

But I like the plastic bag with great stuff in it idea too. If you have some laying around it would be cheap cheap to do.

Well if you only have a half inch around the box, then why not get some door weatherstripping from home depot, or even cheaper, some of those pool noodles from wal mart for like a buck each I think. Then you can cut those up and stuff em in the gaps. That will seal it, and if you need to cover the color, black gorilla tape.

But I like the plastic bag with great stuff in it idea too. If you have some laying around it would be cheap cheap to do.

I don't have any around... That's a good suggestion too! Thanks mr scooter.

I'm gonna get some more missing interior / door panel clips mid next week. I should have more audio Technix 1/0 and 8gauge coming today. My TM dual inputs with volt meter input will be here next week along with my other 40 sq feet of deadener from Audio Technix.... After I get all that done then I'm gonna attempt the sealing off thing. So I'm thinking after SBN ill do the seal off thing.... But until then I have more random pics I was gonna post days ago I WILL POST today lol

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

Soundrive custom RCA's

This is legit, keep it up!

Appreciate it bro. All the thumbs up makes it all worth while. I was starting to think I had a complete shit build. I'm sure I didn't do everything awesome an I'm sue my next build ill improve on a lot that I've learned while doing this one.... But I'm not unhappy with how it turned out at all. Especially since everything except the box itself is all mine. Feels good to work on something so long and look back and say....

That was all my work. And then just enjoy it :)

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

Soundrive custom RCA's

Appreciate it bro. All the thumbs up makes it all worth while. I was starting to think I had a complete shit build. I'm sure I didn't do everything awesome an I'm sue my next build ill improve on a lot that I've learned while doing this one.... But I'm not unhappy with how it turned out at all. Especially since everything except the box itself is all mine. Feels good to work on something so long and look back and say....

That was all my work. And then just enjoy it :)

You have to start somewhere and you've done a hell of a job. Shit you have flex and it sounds amazing. I want mine to flex but don't know if I could do it with my money restrictions. I'll be following this all the way, man. Also, Hondas FTW!

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

Appreciate it bro. All the thumbs up makes it all worth while. I was starting to think I had a complete shit build. I'm sure I didn't do everything awesome an I'm sue my next build ill improve on a lot that I've learned while doing this one.... But I'm not unhappy with how it turned out at all. Especially since everything except the box itself is all mine. Feels good to work on something so long and look back and say....That was all my work. And then just enjoy it :)
You have to start somewhere and you've done a hell of a job. Shit you have flex and it sounds amazing. I want mine to flex but don't know if I could do it with my money restrictions. I'll be following this all the way, man. Also, Hondas FTW!

BATTLE OF THE FLEX! Do I want it to have something to video or do I deaden it more to hear the bass louder....

Q f

I guess I know the answer.... Like I said before.. 50 sq feet of 60 mil, foam, in the whole car, and deflex pads in the front doors to try to get rid of back waves..... And I just ordered 40 more feet of deadener?

It's one of those hard decisions. I flex a lot less at least my trunk lid and roof after all that deadener in comparison to my "accord full tilt" video... I've tried to go crazy deadening with out ruining my car :D. We shall see if I will ever beat all rattles. Unlikely. But I'm trying

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

Soundrive custom RCA's

Appreciate it bro. All the thumbs up makes it all worth while. I was starting to think I had a complete shit build. I'm sure I didn't do everything awesome an I'm sue my next build ill improve on a lot that I've learned while doing this one.... But I'm not unhappy with how it turned out at all. Especially since everything except the box itself is all mine. Feels good to work on something so long and look back and say....That was all my work. And then just enjoy it :)
BATTLE OF THE FLEX! Do I want it to have something to video or do I deaden it more to hear the bass louder....

Q f

I guess I know the answer.... Like I said before.. 50 sq feet of 60 mil, foam, in the whole car, and deflex pads in the front doors to try to get rid of back waves..... And I just ordered 40 more feet of deadener?

It's one of those hard decisions. I flex a lot less at least my trunk lid and roof after all that deadener in comparison to my "accord full tilt" video... I've tried to go crazy deadening with out ruining my car :D. We shall see if I will ever beat all rattles. Unlikely. But I'm trying

I actually just deadned my car and it has made a load of difference. I haven't ever gotten flex on my car since I'm not running near the power of you, but I do have them damn rattles. I need to foam some of my car still. If you get the chance check out my build.

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

Archived