Second Skin Audio

What do you think?

SGT_76

Anybody...Any input on design or size?

I tried to go a little on the small side since they'd be a lil over powered. This will be for an 85' vette, facing forward. This way I can use the storage bin space in the floor of the cargo area (right behind seats) for batteries and wiring. The BC3500 will sit on a removable "floor" that will cover the bins so all is hidden.

Here is a couple pix to get an idea of what im talking about...

The box will stop right at the bin opening. Then the removable floor from there forward to cover electrical and mount the amp.

2013-02-11_13-52-36_545_zpsa1555692.jpg

2013-02-11_13-52-17_375_zpsd479b023.jpg

Batts, wiring and distribution in here.

2013-02-11_13-52-55_287_zps7008d4c9.jpg

that sounds like a crazy heck of alot of power for subs that combined have a 2,000w rms rating. at the moment I can't see the pics on this computer but I will take a look when I get home and see about giving my $.02 if noone else has chimed in yet by then.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Daily system. I figure since many have ran these lil guys at 1K each I should be good power wise. Now I base that off of a nominal load of .75ohm since the D4's are spec'd @ 6.08ohm (from what I've been able to find online). In my searching/learning I read if you are on the high side power wise, you should make the box to the small side of the manufacturer specs...Is this correct?

Here's the same design, but with subs up port forward. Box is slightly larger to get port length down a bit. Which one do you think is better...sub up or forward? Also, am I good on net size for the intended power?

Sry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get my box design figured out correctly so I can start collecting parts. Thanks.

2573394hz_zpsc3ae7926.png

2573394hz_zps198022d3.jpg

There's 7.5" between the port entrance and the left wall. You see any issues with this? I redid that box design also to include a kerf instead of a 45* in that corner, so both sides and the back will be all one piece. Thanks for your input!

Archived