unsolved electrical problem

For about 3 years i have had an electrical problem on my truck that the battery is being drained while it's is off or the alternator is not charging the battery sufficiently. i have been troubleshooting till i'm blue in the face. my dad replaced the alt with a refurbished factory one :/ still have the same problem. ive gone through the fuse box with a DMM to try to find any current draw, none. as a last resort i took it to a "master" electrition he did not find anything wrong... any ideas? i am open to any and all suggestions!

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

what year make and model?

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

What battery? Same one for 3 years?

After replacing the alternator and still having an electrical problem...the electrician said you're good to go?....hmmm

You didn't rip out stock wires or anything did you? Might be worth posting pics/vid.

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

After replacing the alternator and still having an electrical problem...the electrician said you're good to go?....hmmm

You didn't rip out stock wires or anything did you? Might be worth posting pics/vid.

the battery has been replaced at least once a year. it was replaced 3 months ago. no wires have been removed. if i get a chance i will get some pictures its raining right now.

what year make and model?

its 2001 chevy silverado 2500HD

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

the battery has been replaced at least once a year. it was replaced 3 months ago. no wires have been removed. if i get a chance i will get some pictures its raining right now.

>what year make and model?

Damn, well get those pics up when you can lol.

I hope someone smarter than me can help you....I was kinda just shooting in there dark there, just trying to help

97 Suburban

>>what year make and model?

My neighbor has the same truck and same problem, are you my neighbor ? lol

I was trying to help the dad troubleshoot the problem, and there is no reasonable explanation for it.

replaced battery and alternator, the stereo is all wired right, everything shuts off when the truck is turned off,

XS-power1.jpg

>what year make and

model?

He's the ghost!!!!!

97 Suburban

does it have an aftermarket alarm?

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

does it have an aftermarket alarm?

alarm? if your talking about a security system then no?

>what year make and

model?

He's the ghost!!!!!

is it raining?! lol

Archived