You seem very knowledgeable about martial arts. How long have you been a practitioner of martial arts? How many martial arts do you know and have taken? Is Akido all about the Katana? I'm not really interested in sword techniques. How often would you have a sword on you in present day America? lol. So Aiki Jitsu is a spin off of what you take? Just less lethal? I think when I move down there I will look into it almost immediately. Do you think it would be allowed to cross train in different schools? I want to also learn Judo for the take downs. They just seem cool and also VERY practical when it comes down to self defense. I don't think many people would want to fight still after being slammed down on cold hard concrete or asphalt.

I started when I was 13, I havent traied since I was 20, and I'm almost 30.

I've learned bits and peices of many types. You have to if you want to win. Akido only teaches sword techniques at higher belts. You learn knife techniques much sooner. Which is good for offence and defence. Akijitsu should be almost the same as what I took. I would ask the teacher where he learned it. Most who teach it in america are special forces who where stationed in Japan. Cross training is fine, once you get the basics down. Center, throws and falls. It will be frustrating at first because you will learn stance, breathing, and falls for a few months. Then you get into the fun stuff. Keep in mind how everthing feels. A shoulder throw, a hip throw, tomo nage (leg throw). You will have to keep in mind balance. You master that, you control the fight.

You have quite the experience on me. I don't do anything lol. Its been a dream for awhile to get into a martial art but I just did not know what art to get into. My brother says I should get into BJJ but I don't think it suits me. If a street fight were to get to the ground and I attempted BJJ I think either the person I'm trying to submit would either get their buddies to rip me off of him or just literally stab me in the back while I'm on the ground with my back facing them. So I want to learn Judo and a striking art to be well versed. But I don't know what striking art to take. For the first few months I think that I can take the introduction stuff like learning how to breath, falling, throwing and such.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Apologies for the spelling mistakes, I'm getting a lil drunk. hahahaha

Also that move in the video is called a triangle choke. Its very, very basic. When used correctly and applied, the subject will be knocked out within 8 seconds.

Its okay everyone makes mistakes then they get drunk. lol. Is that hapkido or akido where the choke comes from?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

The choke comes from Diato Ryu, the other arts just borrowed it.

in wrestling, the dont lock the other arm and call it a sleeper hold.

Go with Hopkido, or Akijitsu. Either one will put you well above an average fighter within a year.

Any way you slice it, if you get into a real fight you're GOING to hurt someone. (If you're any good)

Be mentally prepared to loose if the fight isnt life or death. To put your pride aside. Hell, when I was 20, I let myself get beat by 6 drunk guys cause I didnt want to explain to the police why I was drunk and beat the shit out of 6 people. You pick your battles.

if bjj is not for you then all grappling will not be for you as it uses simple techniques from every grappling martial art

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

The arts I listed aim to end or dissuade the attacker from continuing the fight. Youre talking about takedowns that will bounce the persons head off of concreate or asfault. Slowing down the movement is key to not crushing their skull. Takedowns are very, very, very easy. I used to get knocked down on purpose because it was easier to do takedowns when they think they've won.

I'll probably go with Akijitsu and Judo and maybe something else down the road when I feel that I am good enough with both martial arts. But I don't know what martial art to take for third one. I am pretty prepared to lose especially if its not life or death. But if someone tries to hurt my friends or family, or perhaps worse my girlfriend I won't be afraid to go all out. Like if someone physically touched me I probably would just laugh it off, I don't care if I get hurt, but hurting my family like my sister for instance that's a completely different story. My brother can take care of himself but I'm more concerned for my family that I'm moving with. But to be honest if it was a fight that where I was out numbered I would not hesitate to run away or take the beating. That's if I'm alone and know I cant do anything about it.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

ya but the art has to click with him or he will lose interest fast. for me grappling came easier then striking . i never knew that stiking has little to do with punching and kicking and more with positions and angles

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived