skittlesRgood Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 itll be a lot more weight than 64lbs lol. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 itll be a lot more weight than 64lbs lol. you mean with the wood? or if I swapped out for plexi? Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
n8ball2013 Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 google gately audio THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 google gately audio good stuff they got some awesome lookin stuff Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 hmm... if I did do sides back and bottom in .75" MDF and top and front in plexi... would top in .75 and front in 1.5 work ok? that would be just like doing it with a baffle as far as size is concerned. would that be strong enough or should I do top in 1" or 1 1/4" and front in 1 1/2" or 2"? Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
n8ball2013 Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 the hard part is joining the plexi without it looking like crap. if you want to use plexi do one baffle. its not easy to work with. its not cheap. its not something i would feel comfortable wtih a beginner doing. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 I've never worked with plexi before but I've done building for a bunch of other things and if I did something like this I def wouldn't do it by myself. right now I'm just asking about it and see if I would even be willing to try to pull it off. not gna lie the idea of doing sides bottom and back in MDF... paint it black and have something painted on the bottom board and then doing the top and bottom in plexi does sound like it might be pretty awesome... but it will be something I've never done before and don't know if I will actually do it and probably won't on this box. but still good info to know if I ever do decide to do it later Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 the hard part is joining the plexi without it looking like crap. if you want to use plexi do one baffle. its not easy to work with. its not cheap. its not something i would feel comfortable wtih a beginner doing. would PVC glue be able to securely enough join wood and plexi together? I've used that before but it was for PVC to I think it was plastic or fiberglass or something (idk what it was called it was a long time ago it was some kinda white semi soft board) Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 I also would only do this if I could get my hands on a clear pvc elbow lol I know where to get clear pipe but haven't seen clear elbows for 8" PVC and if I'm putting plexi on top and front I'm not gna have clear pipe with a white elbow lol Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
n8ball2013 Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 i would think not. its a special material for bonding the plexi. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.