bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 Is it possible to do a box with like plexiglass or something that is see through? Would you be able to do it on the whole box or just like do a small window or something? I'm sure the larger the box the harder it would be to make it strong enough to handle the force Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
Raptorman Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 It's gotta be some thick shit. Most people just do little windows. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
audiA6_audio Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 theres a guy on here that was building a full acrylic enclosure. im not sure what thread it was but hey least you know it might be possible. would definitely be a pricey project but i could only imagine the finished product
audiA6_audio Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 My 2000 BMW 540i Build "Copper SQ" guy uses acrylic for a thick face. just spent some time trying to find the full enclosure build with no avail.
Neckbeard Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 I wouldnt make it a huge build, but im sure it couldnt handle it. (assuming you use some thick shit and brace it) Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
zxsonnyxz Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 $$ STD Passat Build 151db+STD Omega BuildMitsubishi Colt Build - Alpine|Focal|PeerlessHome Stereo BuildSmall Tang Band build - 4" fullrangeBox for 4 8"My Saab 9000 Build- I'd be very happy if you cared to check out the logs and give feedback!
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 yea I figured as much... I showed an architect friend of mine the pic I took of the mock up I plan on doing for my box and on that I've got it partially see through so you can actually see the interior since it's actually the mock up of the build and he thought I was actually planning to make it see through and started trying to tell me that it was doable and cheap with some plexiglass from lowes or somethin and I'm like noo I don't think so... so I figured I would ask for some opinions from people that actually know the kinda pressure that car audio puts out. Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
bassfreake Posted February 12, 2013 Author Report Posted February 12, 2013 I showed him this picture and he was like yea that's totally possible and easy Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
Guest Posted February 12, 2013 Report Posted February 12, 2013 didn't trippi's old plexiglass (acrylic?) box cost like a few grand just for materials?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.