Second Skin Audio

Sub Question

yeah.. so then the back rest part doesnt move.. the bottoms fold up..

I never fucked around down fireing subs.. they look cool.. but.. man.. i am a old fashioned guy.. i still feel you better results with subs ina box.. then downfireing.. but.. i have heard some alphine 12's type r's that fucken POUND in a sealed box.. and the box doesnt have to be all that great..

so if i was to sneak 2 10"s in a box maybe 20 inches deep, 30 inches wide and 8 inches tall, sealed? do you think any sub would sound good in it if its around 5.75 mounting depth and not pure spl...cause personally im not a huge fan of alpine, but i just wanna get the most bass i can with the situation i have..if u kno what i mean

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

had a idea, a great one i think!!! how bout this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rockford-Fo...sspagenameZWDVW

4 of those, but instead of them going under the seat, i have the cone right even with the seat, so they move out towards the rest of the cab, and have the rest in a box, i might b able to make it ported that way....also if i got 4 of the dual 2 i could make it one ohm right

make 2 of them 4 ohm, make 2 of them 1 ohm

make the 2 4 ohm..2 ohm

make the 2 1 ohm 2 ohm...

wire them together for 1 ohm final load right?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i think ive made my decision

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-P...1QQcmdZViewItem

4 of those off a t1k, wired at 1 ohm..p3 are the best right and you think 4 of those would get loud

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

2 Pioneer TS-SW3041D's is about the best you can do under the rear seat of an 04-07 F150. Ive compared the Pioneers, the Kicker CVT's, and the RF P3's in these trucks and the Pioneer wins by far.

There is room behind the seat for amps but they cant be very big. You have to remove the plastic seatbelt attachment on the top of the seat and then there are 2 hidden release clips behind the seat that removes the backrest.

This is what i build for them.....

f150a-600x450.jpg

f150b-600x450.jpg

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

ok, but if there if enuf depth for that box, the i may be able to do something with 8" subs, they only have a mounting depth of around 5" (damn near same as shallow subs) plus i think some p2 or p3 8"s will sound better than shallows, i was thinkin 4 8"s off a t1k, either p2 or p3...prolly p2...what you guys think

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Here are some boxes online that are made for the 04 supercrew which is what you have correct? For dual 8's or 10's and the cu ft. is .60 per sub and 4 and 7/8 mounting depth.

If you remove the rear seats you should be able to at least mount the amps back there. I'd put the amps there because your limited on your sub choice as well as size and amount of subs.

You could do re audio sr subs but I'd just wait for the shallow's. Here's an email i got from greg at reaudio/us amps

Specs and price are TBA and I will announce it as soon as the bosses give me a final price. I can tell you the 12 has a 3.8 inch mounting depth and 350wrms power handling using the SE Baskets and an all new hybrid motor. The compact sealed box for the 12 is .5 cubic feet !!!!!!!!

As of right now we are 45 days out on releasing these.

I asked him about them compared to shallow pioneers i liked and installed before...

They will kill the Pioneers with no problems

I got these emails last week so it should only be about 38-40 days out!

ok, so here is the thing, i dont really wanna wait 40 days for the re, i dont really care for pioneer to much *(had bad experience with them)* so i was thinking of running 4 8" rockford p2 dual 2 ohm, if im correct i can make those 4 1 ohm final load and run them with a t1k really nicley

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg