optima for car audio

$20 makes me think that either A) he's scamming the company he works for by selling them dramatically under cost, B ) they're refurbished (unlikely), or C) they've been sitting unused in some closet for ages and he's selling them behind his companys back trying to get some extra money.

I think there more likely refurbished plus his employe discount so he might not be making any money from it. But you guys are right those 20 could go into savings for better batts

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

$20 is not bad at all.. just weird about him selling it for that low. even with employee discount it should be $100 plus

100 plus if there new most likely they refurbished. Ima text him and see. But I mean if you worked selling batts would you make a buck off your friends or sell them for what you payed

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

I've used an Optima yel34/78 battery for 5 years on a 1500 w system with a 220 amp Stinger alternator and haven't had any problems,but I also charge it with a C-Tek Multi US 7002 agm charger occasionally.. I'm putting it in my mothers truck since I gave her my old setup and I've got an XS Power D3400 and D1200 going in for the new 4K setup in my truck. All I can say for that price I'd get it for sure but you need to get a good charger regardless which battery you use,even if they are refurbished or discharged batteries a good charger would be able to recondition them like mine does. I would definitely recommend the XS Power batteries once you move up to the 5K system. IMO

todays optima is garbage. dont even bother with them.

edit: yes every optima battery is AGM. but dont put regular car batteries inside your car. the fumes will fuck up your brain and can kill you. get AGM batteries only.

i think the guy is just selling him a used core core charges down here is between 13 and 25 bucks from your crapest to and xs if it was the case but im just saying

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

$20 is not bad at all.. just weird about him selling it for that low. even with employee discount it should be $100 plus

100 plus if there new most likely they refurbished. Ima text him and see. But I mean if you worked selling batts would you make a buck off your friends or sell them for what you payed

you cant really refurbished a GEL based battery thats sealed

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

He texted me back and said there the used ones people bring back because they don't know how to recharge them the right way, he also said I have to give him an old batt so he can take back as a core

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Well buy one and get a good charger,you can prob get a C-Tek 7002 like I have for around $120 or so. You can prob find a bad battery from a friend or something or see if a parts store has a bad one they would sell you

I just told him I will hit him up if I do decide to get it, I would hate to stay stranded, now a days no one is nice enough to jump start someone

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Archived