bassfreake Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 what even is the use of having multiple channels instead of just having one channel? is that so you can have various different types of speakers in the same amp without causing problems or something? or does it serve more purpose than just that? sorry for all the questions and I'm sure I will have alot more as I keep looking deeper into this stuff I've never messed with mids and highs before I've always just done stock everything or a few years ago I started getting into subs... but as I'm looking at mids and highs now the more I look at it the more I realize that it's a completely different animal and there's sooo much more stuff to mids and highs that I need to learn Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
bcbrassard Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 A 4 channel amp with a cross over allows you to run the tweeters on 2 channels and the mids on the other 2 channels. Its all about the tuning and freq of each speaker. Thats why components speaker cost more and there so much better. You have stock, then you have after market coaix speakers from head unit, then you put in an after market HU with built in amp to run coax speakers. then you buy amps and run RCAs to them from HU, then you buy component speakers and use the crossovers that com with them.... Soon your tearing your whole car down for sound deadening material everywhere, running 0 gauge power & extra batteris, seperate EQs & crossovers before your big ass expensive amps to run your really expensive speakers to have super clear loud ass system. You go from spending $500 for an entire system to $5000 isnt enough. Its all about progression and how much of a fanantic tou become, plus hell, we guys and thats what guys do! Anyway, thats how it start for me. lol Enjoy your learning process!
bassfreake Posted February 16, 2013 Author Report Posted February 16, 2013 lol I've already done or made plans to do a number of those steps... I've got a hu waiting to go in... I've got the 0 gauge ran for the past few years... I've got my eyes on a new amp for my subs that I will get in a couple weeks... and I've already been talking around about a new alt another battery and amps and subs for my next big upgrade that I'm doing in a few months where I'm planning on putting maybe as much as 8kw in subs in my trunk... figured at that point if I'm going with that much subs it might be time to start looking into upgrading the rest of the system too :-P Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
Skullz Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 Multiple channels allows you to run an active setup or multiple sets of speakers or even bridge to gain more power than you might get from a 2 channel amplifier. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bassfreake Posted February 16, 2013 Author Report Posted February 16, 2013 was actually wanting to look into what it would take to replace the stocks in the front doors with 6.5s... replace the useless panel in the top of the door with 3 3" speakers per door... and find somewhere maybe on top of the dash or something to put tweeters... and probably also do a little work in my trunk to put some mids and highs back there to go along with the insane bass coming out of there Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
bassfreake Posted February 16, 2013 Author Report Posted February 16, 2013 I think I heard something about that doing a single amp for your speakers makes you lose the front and rear and left and right controls... is this true? does multiple channels allow for stuff like that too? or do you gotta like use 4 different amps if you want to keep your balance and fade controls? Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
Skullz Posted February 16, 2013 Report Posted February 16, 2013 Less is more and uncomplicated, unless you have plans on going SQ just get multiple sets of comps and throw as much power to them as you can. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bassfreake Posted February 16, 2013 Author Report Posted February 16, 2013 Less is more and uncomplicated, unless you have plans on going SQ just get multiple sets of comps and throw as much power to them as you can. I'm looking to have some pretty good SQ but I want some power behind it too cuz like I said I'm thinking about going 8000w of bass lol lol unfortunately that does mean I've gotta dive head first into learning as much as I can about speakers and go from 0 knowledge to at least a comparable working knowledge of them at least fairly quickly and without stepping blocks lol Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.