Sundown Audio

Hifonics brz1700

boltdbz

my brz2100 just came in last night. Im doing the big 3 this weekend then adding an extra battery in the back very soon. I have used the hifonics amps WAAAAAY back when they were got their name out there and if i recall correctly it was in the early 2000's when i got my first one and it was the brutus 1200.1. NEVER had a issue with it and it was in a 91 CRXsi with all stock electrical and only a 4 or 5 farad cap i think pushing 2 RF he2 punch 15's. I loved the setup up and never had an issue. I actually sold the amp to a friend after using it for about a year or so and he used it for the next 3 years or so until he sold his tahoe. I loved them then and they are even better now. They are power hungry though but thats about the only bad thing i have to say for them.

>thanks for the input guys. I'm thinking Skar VVX 12s and either the BRZ1700 or S

K-1500

I suggest go with at least the brz2100 if you can, the sk-1500 is not worth it, you better off going for the audiopipe apsm 2000 for a lot less, Skar will be a good choice or look at the PSI platform 1 those things slams, I have a friend who hit 148db on 2 12's of the PSI

please tell me how a quality korean amplifier is not worth buying over a cheap hifonics amp? and how do you justify saying that audiopipe is better? LOL dude come on lets be serious. yeah the cost is different, but the quality skyrockets when you go with a korean born board. guaranteed to see at least 2k out of that skar. you're not going to see 2k out of that brz2100. nor with the apsm 2000. and not to mention the efficiency will be way higher with the skar, meaning less voltage drop, as well as cleaner sound output to your woofers. i say this because i have experience with both products, and its been proven.

still, look at audioque/soundqubed. or crescendo. best prices on the market for an amp like that.

^^^ he is correct. Gotta pay to be loud. There's a reason hifonics and audiopipe are 200$ for a "2000" watt amp, and there's also a reason Audioque, sundown, dc, skar, etc. amplifiers are a lot more expensive....think about it ;)

which is why I was saying for now I'll get the BRZ1700 but later on when I have more cash I'm gonna upgrade. I don't have enough $ to be dropping 500 on an amp atm

I hear ya. They aren't bad as a temp. amp, but I would not at all recommend them for something permanant. I've read that they have a lot of issuses in the long run.

-playing with different setups

my brz2100 just came in last night. Im doing the big 3 this weekend then adding an extra battery in the back very soon. I have used the hifonics amps WAAAAAY back when they were got their name out there and if i recall correctly it was in the early 2000's when i got my first one and it was the brutus 1200.1. NEVER had a issue with it and it was in a 91 CRXsi with all stock electrical and only a 4 or 5 farad cap i think pushing 2 RF he2 punch 15's. I loved the setup up and never had an issue. I actually sold the amp to a friend after using it for about a year or so and he used it for the next 3 years or so until he sold his tahoe. I loved them then and they are even better now. They are power hungry though but thats about the only bad thing i have to say for them.

>thanks for the input guys. I'm thinking Skar VVX 12s and either the BRZ1700 or S

K-1500

I suggest go with at least the brz2100 if you can, the sk-1500 is not worth it, you better off going for the audiopipe apsm 2000 for a lot less, Skar will be a good choice or look at the PSI platform 1 those things slams, I have a friend who hit 148db on 2 12's of the PSI

please tell me how a quality korean amplifier is not worth buying over a cheap hifonics amp? and how do you justify saying that audiopipe is better? LOL dude come on lets be serious. yeah the cost is different, but the quality skyrockets when you go with a korean born board. guaranteed to see at least 2k out of that skar. you're not going to see 2k out of that brz2100. nor with the apsm 2000. and not to mention the efficiency will be way higher with the skar, meaning less voltage drop, as well as cleaner sound output to your woofers. i say this because i have experience with both products, and its been proven.

still, look at audioque/soundqubed. or crescendo. best prices on the market for an amp like that.

^^^ he is correct. Gotta pay to be loud. There's a reason hifonics and audiopipe are 200$ for a "2000" watt amp, and there's also a reason Audioque, sundown, dc, skar, etc. amplifiers are a lot more expensive....think about it ;)

which is why I was saying for now I'll get the BRZ1700 but later on when I have more cash I'm gonna upgrade. I don't have enough $ to be dropping 500 on an amp atm

I hear ya. They aren't bad as a temp. amp, but I would not at all recommend them for something permanant. I've read that they have a lot of issuses in the long run.

Like what?

K-1500

Like what?

^^^ i Keep mine in pristine condition, and resell after 12 months hit. (have warranty) I'll Eventually get an alpine amp. (still paying for tire's and insurance is rapeing me atm $306 a month :angry2: )

Im running my l7's at 2 ohm so im only pulling 1400 well thats at 14.4 rated so probably 1200. I dont plan on competing so its plenty loud for me right now. Maybe in a year or so after i had had this amp for awhile i will upgrade it to something different but for now bounching my wipers on the windshield is plenty for me.

K-1500

If the amp will give you the power you need why would you pay $400 if you can get the same power at $150? here's one of the proof

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/general-car-audio-discussion-questions/142408-audiopipe-mini-151db-no-wall.html

>thanks for the input guys. I'm thinking Skar VVX 12s and either the BRZ1700 or SK-1500

If the amp will give you the power you need why would you pay $400 if you can get the same power at $150? here's one of the proof

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/general-car-audio-discussion-questions/142408-audiopipe-mini-151db-no-wall.html

because it will last longer. my audioque has lasted longer than my hifonics and audiopipe combined LOL. it will make your speakers sound better. less voltage drop. better resale value. you just don't understand. your concept is basically, why should I go with Fi when I can get Pyle and save money?

there are plenty of people out there having no issues with hifonics. Are they just lucky? possibly and i guess im one of those lucky ones. Like i said before for a basic system thats not to insanely crazy i have yet to have issues with hifonics and voltage drops, my speakers so awesome with no clipping and im a stisfied customer. There is always a better brand out there always, but if you're just lookin to get the job done and aren't looking to buy something because of a brand name or top of the line performance then i dont see why its an issue. Long as you arent clipping and pushing the right amount of watts role with it. My next big amp i get will probably be another kicker or RF or maybe even ppi but im satisfied with my purchase and im sure the OP will be also. TUNE TUNE TUNE and enjoy

there are plenty of people out there having no issues with hifonics. Are they just lucky? possibly and i guess im one of those lucky ones. Like i said before for a basic system thats not to insanely crazy i have yet to have issues with hifonics and voltage drops, my speakers so awesome with no clipping and im a stisfied customer. There is always a better brand out there always, but if you're just lookin to get the job done and aren't looking to buy something because of a brand name or top of the line performance then i dont see why its an issue. Long as you arent clipping and pushing the right amount of watts role with it. My next big amp i get will probably be another kicker or RF or maybe even ppi but im satisfied with my purchase and im sure the OP will be also. TUNE TUNE TUNE and enjoy

you aren't seeing any voltage drop with your stock electrical because your amp isn't outputting enough power to stress the alt. likely due to impedance rise.

either you folks can listen to me, or not. i'm just here for some honest input.

Believe me i appreciate good info and when i do my next big purchase i will be on here probably asking similar questions. For now that amp does what i need it to. Im not trying to compete with 140+ db's or anything that'll come later when i have the coin to drop on it but moving into a new house takes a toll on the bank account with all the new deposits for electric/water/move in bla bla bla

you aren't seeing any voltage drop with your stock electrical because your amp isn't outputting enough power to stress the alt. likely due to impedance rise.

either you folks can listen to me, or not. i'm just here for some honest input.

YOU ARE WRONG, my brz 1700.1d will pull power from my electrical down to 12.4 on full tilt with dual battery set up, metered at 143db

Archived