Second Skin Audio

MTX9500

_94fleet

who has had any experience with mtx9500's? i have 2 12"s. just wondering what enclosures work best. yes i have searched and havent found a good answer. and of course ive heard the 9500s aren't worth the money. i wish i did some research before i bought them.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

If you have a lot of room go ported, if you don't have much try sealed.

If you have a manual with the subs they should have recommendations on what boxes you should make.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

the reason i ask is when i did try to do some research everybody says what mtx says suck. like 1.7 ported. but they never said what works. just that they are picky subs with the enclosure.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

I have ran a set of the 9500 15s for a few years. But only ran them in pre fab box. I got to say for the $$ I spent on them they kinda sucked. I ran a 2k rms cerwin vega stroker on them. I had that setup in a blazer and 05 gmc sierra and in both it was just ok. They may have been a lot louder in a custom box, but I just never got around to tryin a new box out. I had some friends that ran system's that IMO should have never even been on my systems level, but was as loud or louder then my 9500s, one guy had 2 w3s 12s on a T.M.A 500 rms amp in his blazer and was just as loud! So in saying that if I was u I would go with a port box in the low hz 30s and take a look at mtx specs if u can find them, u may have better luck with them then me.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

I would wait for some more people to chime in tomorrow. 1.75 cubes seems to be what is recommended for your subs, 3.5 together.

Edit: I would also say low 30's like 32-35hz

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

mtx 9500 15's, 4.5 cubes ported with a kicker 2500 at .5 ohms stock electrical. they will get loud in a correct box. i say use what u have and do the best with it and go from there.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Did 4 9512 in a Tahoe 1.75 each slot port to about 39Hz all powered of off an MTX 92001. Scratched a 150.x

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

well appreciate all the help. im not sure if my amp will make them happy but i gotta work with it. running a aq2200. i justbwant a setup in my trunk that will show the motors. i love how they look..

1 more question. what you guys know about mounting the subs in the rear deck. i seen alot of porting being done thru there but how about actually mounting the subs???

Archived