Second Skin Audio

MTX9500

_94fleet

when in doubt call mtx.... they designed the subs and im sure they would be more then happy to help you design a box.... thats why they are in business lol. And who says mtx is junk? if they do then obviously they have probably never ran anything but thier road thunder line that is an entry level set up and not intended for spl lovers. I personally have herd lots of mtx systems that slam... expecially 9500's

i was just asking because most ppl say the recommended enclosure sucks. ive never really heard they suck. just that they are overpriced.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

i was just asking because most ppl say the recommended enclosure sucks. ive never really heard they suck. just that they are overpriced.

I agree. A lot of times, the recommend specs on "generic" drivers, RF, KICKER, MTX and such, are spec'd for the general pop.

I built one box at the rec spec's for my RF drivers, and was not happy. Re-did it bigger, space wise, and tuned it a few HZ lower, and it was night and

day different. So, i know what your getting at.

Other sub makers know better about specs, and more importantly the USERS....

With that, i do know that the 95hun is no flake, but, i do not know what makes it happy. Im sure someone can help.

Cheers.

DEFINATELY DONT USE PREFAB ENCLOSURE!!!! The 9500s are a great subwoofer and have a beatiful sound to them. I did an experiment on sound between the pre fab enclosure, and the sound out of a custom made perfect to specs enclosure and it was NIGHT AND DAY difference! I would definately make a ported enclosure for those 12s and tune around 34 hz.

MTX will give you specs. But remember a company will print enclosure specs so that they do not have warranty issues. They will give you a SAFE enclosure and tunning, not SPL oriented.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived