I worry about it, but not too much. I have roadside assistance.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

No videos yet. I have a shitty camera, but I'll see if I can get one up that is worth watching soon.

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

• 4 weeks later...

Grate craftsmanship on all the wood work man! im currently working on my build hey can you send me a link to the head unit im running a 3sixty but the more i think about it the more i want to get an aftermarket radio :/ im currently in the final stages of my build nothing this elaborate but that is one clean box and all the wood work just makes me a bit jealous haha but none the less absolutely beautiful

Thanks for the compliments.

here's a link for the head unit... http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500INEZ928/Alpine-INE-Z928HD.html?tp=20212

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

very nice man, you plan on deadeining your trunk and actually sealing off? would like to see videos

Thanks. I don't plan on deadening the trunk, there is no rattle from the trunk so I see no need for it. Despite the flimsy feel of the sheetmetal on the new Passats, the sound stays in the car very well with minimum deadening, if you know what I mean there. The box and trunk are pretty well sealed of too, no foam or anything, just wood. This is a leased car so everything I do has to be undone. I had to build the box in the trunk, so I am not about to take it out just to "seal up" 100%. I don't plan to compete too much with this set-up, so I am not worried about a few tenths gain in DB's.

Very nice work, I have an 06 passat and would love to start working on it. Random but what are you planning on doing with the factory head unit?

Thank you. Get to work on yours now!!!

The factory head unit is staying with me. The car is leased so everything goes back to stock when I'm tired of this car.

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

Oh, and I'll try to get a video up soon. The sub is still loosening up and getting louder all the time. I hope my camera will pick up the vibrations.

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

Archived