Second Skin Audio

Opinion on box for 2x FI Q 12's

gotb00st

Hello,

This is my first time building a box. I would like to hear any thoughts you might have before I get to building. I just recently purchased 2x FI Q 12's dual 1's with cooling, and spider. I designed a box for a 2002 gmc envoy. These subs will be pushed by a Crescendo BC2000D. (May eventually upgrade to a 3500 or 2x 2000's). Box is 5.0 cu ft and is tuned around 32hz.

Heres what I came up with.

torres.png

boxbase.png

boxwalls.png

boxcomplete.png

boxtrans.png

My main concern is if I did the port length correctly and if I calculated the bracing displacement correctly.

Trying to learn myself a little about that port length on torres.

How come on the calculator the 'physical port length says 26.75 but the wood pieces you drew up there add up to 22.75(16.75+6)?

Im stuck on what the cut sheet should be for the port walls and how to come with the number.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I calculated port length by the middle of the port not the port walls. also multiply the the L port by 2 to compensate for both chambers. thats how I understood port length was calculated I may be wrong that was the whole purpose of this post.

Archived