03 Ford Taurus First Build

Check with perfectionist and sound works in anchorage. Safe and sound in anchorage should be doing one to. Image audio said they want to do one but not at there store. They said there gonna tey to work something out with other shops around the valley. They just don't want the hassle with code complaince again.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 2 months later...

Heading to my first comp. tomorrow. Hoping for a 140 under 40hz.

The voltage drop issue in that video was due to a bad battery and a loose ground. My alt also went out so i replaced the alt with a new 130 amp one. Also got a g34 agm from superstart. I mostly keep above 13v at 2k rpms. Im still in the planning stages to keep upgrading this car and the system.

Everything looks the same though except some wiring under the hood.

Build looks good, how are you likeing the subs iv herd a bunch of bad things about skar

To be honest they handle the power well. I just need a better box for them

I didnt want my box to be bare when i went and as i was sealing off the box with gorilla tape i had the idea to cover the baffle with duct tape. Heres what it looks like

Before

20130525_214548_zps09e8a10b.jpg

After

20130825_174923_zpsa1a5cf10.jpg

I like it for this temp box. And only costs me 6 bucks

I scored 2nd in my class. I did 2 runs. I got a 140 on dirty bass decafed which is 33hz. Second run i played in this ho decafed which is 34hz and scored a 141

This was on an audio control mic though.

I won this plaque

20130825_162110_zpsb0bebab5.jpg

Hoping to get on a termlab soon

• 3 weeks later...

one of the shops in anchorage of a termlab. im sure they would do it for like $15-20.

not a bad score, go down to image audio and see if they have any iasca cd's left. if they do buy one and run the sweeps on a meter to find your peak.

you should be able to gain a little. remember my 2 t2 12? 146 on an ac meter. your skars should be able to get up there.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah i remember. And i plan on getting on a termlab eventually. Still a few more things id like to change first. Im hoping to get to at least a 144-146. That would make me happy with this equiptment. Just means a lot of testing. And at that show the people seemed to have no idea how to set a meter up. So i could be quieter or louder.

• 3 weeks later...

sound works in fairly well known for not having people that can setup meters. they are more of a show/sq car audio shop. my last time at one of their shows i scored a 145. they borrowed the equipment from image audio and just the day before i did a 146. the ac meters arent as accurate but the reason i think for such a big drop was because they were messing with the controls on the meter and never placed the meter on the same spot of the windshield.

remember though the termlab will meter lower then the ac, in my case i was about 2db lower on a termalb then the ac meter at image audio. there were others that had biggere difference but the biggest difference i saw was roughly 3db.

i would assume you will score a 137-138 on a termlab if you dont change anything.

oh and i might be coming back to alaska. way better job opportunities there.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

nice bro nice have the same subs doing a rebuild of my trunk with my box facing the front now and lots of goodies

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

sound works in fairly well known for not having people that can setup meters. they are more of a show/sq car audio shop. my last time at one of their shows i scored a 145. they borrowed the equipment from image audio and just the day before i did a 146. the ac meters arent as accurate but the reason i think for such a big drop was because they were messing with the controls on the meter and never placed the meter on the same spot of the windshield.

remember though the termlab will meter lower then the ac, in my case i was about 2db lower on a termalb then the ac meter at image audio. there were others that had biggere difference but the biggest difference i saw was roughly 3db.

i would assume you will score a 137-138 on a termlab if you dont change anything.

oh and i might be coming back to alaska. way better job opportunities there.

Well in that case i guess i need to change things up a bit. And i gained 1db by going up in frequency so maybe if i play like 39hz i can get that 140 on music on a termlab legal.

And yeah there is. Im looking for a new job right now also to get this thing rolling. If you do come up ill have to give you a demo.

Archived