98 SABLE BUILD (TRU, HERTZ, LINEAR POWER)

Well things have been extremely busy so the build hasnt started yet. But I have drawn up a rough sketch of everything.

In this first sketch you can see the sub and port will be fired in cab and have a fiverglassed divider that will help with sealing off the trunk and cab. This piece will overlap the edges of the "tunnel" and be wrapped in carpet to match the trunk. It will be held in place by 8 rivnuts and bolts.

20130424_080826.jpg

The next sketch shows the overall trunk layout looking in. This will include a plexi window looking into the sub enclosure that will be wrapped with a mix of white vinyl to hide all the mounting screws for the plexi and then will have another overall beauty panel that will adhere under the weather stripping and then frame the white vinyl about 1" to give a nice color break to the enclosure.

The floor will be raise about 5" so as to make a flat amp rack that will house the Tru amp on the drivers side and Linear Amp on the passenger side. There will be an access panel in the center that will be pressure fit to leave access to the spare tire. The amp areas will have the amps at the same height to keep level and also have dual 3" fans to keep everything cool. the cover panels will each have a "window" to view the amplifiers and will be framed by another beauty panel wrapped in carpet to match the enclosure. The access panel will also have some style having an aluminum panel with my "company" name engraved in it. It will have a panel on top wrapped in vinyl and another panel to frame that wrapped in carpet. There will be a pair of side panels that will be made to clean up and keep the flow of the trunk. These also will be glassed and adhered under the weatherstripping and wrapped in carpet.

All pieces including amp rack, enclosure and beauty panels will be held in by rivnuts and t-nuts. all floor panels will held in by push clips used to hold grills on home audio enclosures. All beauty "windows" will have pressure fit panels that will be wrapped tightly in carpet and allow for the trunk to be virtually "stock" looking when installed. The panels for the sub enclosure will be held in by a series of neo magnets and pressure fitting so not to fall while driving.

20130424_080819.jpg

I hope to start soon. Going to start piecing together everything soon.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Very nice Amplifier !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thanks bro! Its not modded by it is plenty for what I need! 135rms to these 3-ways each ch will be more than able to keep up with my 600rms substage!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 3 weeks later...

Well things have been a bit hectic in the last few weeks! The house we bought turned out to have foundation issues that the inspector had missed. With that being said our new home was deamed unsafe and we needed to vacate and find a new living situation.

So the last couple weeks my wife and I had to move out of the house stuff all of our stuff into a storage unit and find an apartment to live in. So its been a bit rough especially with 2 small children.

But this past week we found a few homes and made some offers. 3 of those fell through and as of about 5pm this afternoon/evening we recieved a call from our realtor that the fourth offer was accepted no questions asked.

So we wont be in a huge house like before....but we will be in a home that is newer and in a better area.

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

These are pics of the new home...not our furniture....but its mine!!!

20130511_153125.jpg

20130511_153202.jpg

20130511_152106.jpg

20130511_152038.jpg

20130511_152024.jpg

20130511_152005.jpg

20130511_152000.jpg

20130511_151952.jpg

Now just the waiting game and hopefully be moved in in July!!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 2 months later...

Congrats on the house,looks nice.. Was that seriously all the packing material in those amp boxes for shipping or did I miss something?

Congrats on the house!

...now you will have a garage. *ahem* to do your build in *ahem* :D

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

updates ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 1 month later...

Well we finally after almost 4 months of waiting finally got moved into the house and still getting unpacked. This week has been ridiculous from unpacking to having to change my alternator. But this morning I decided it was time to start.

First going through and removing everything and started the overall redesign.

sneak peak of new enclosure

20130914_142203.jpg

sneak peak of amp placement!

20130914_143828.jpg

enclosure will stay the same size just rebuilding and adding some flare and rebuilding to run a 6" aero port. The amps are off to the sides for clearance and access to the spare (car is a daily driver)

I will be starting the process of running the speaker wire through the car and modifying the pillars this week for clearance of the mid range. Tweeter location will remain in factory spot unless I dont like the sound.

Sorry its been so long....but havent had the opportunity to do much!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

• 1 month later...

Well....like usual my build is uneventful....but now there is the possibility of a vehicle change. Hopefully tonight I will be in a 2002 Chevy Blazer and the Sable will be gone. We have decided to buy my wife a newer SUV.

Sooooo.....I would say stay tuned but....yeah.....dont hold your breath lol!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

Archived