Second Skin Audio

kicker ds12l7 pleeeeeease?

Azzazel_99

http://www.kicker.com/L7_subboxesI cannot for the life of me find out the airspace of the kicker dual l7 setup. I know the L7's will sound tons better in a custom box but i was able to pick this package up for under the $400 range brand new and im curious what the inner dimensions of the box are. i see the recommended ported Cu Ft specs but is that was their box is? Noone can seem to answer this for me. If anyone has the answer to this that would be awesome!

I looked, couldnt find it, you will have to just calculate it out

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

http://www.kicker.com/L7_subboxesI cannot for the life of me find out the airspace of the kicker dual l7 setup. I know the L7's will sound tons better in a custom box but i was able to pick this package up for under the $400 range brand new and im curious what the inner dimensions of the box are. i see the recommended ported Cu Ft specs but is that was their box is? Noone can seem to answer this for me. If anyone has the answer to this that would be awesome!

Factory boxes are basically always shorter than optimal because most people want a small box, I would recommend test them and see if you like them if not a custom box certainly improve their performance.

what do you mean leave them alone? i picked up the set for cheaper than the subs individually alone. I will most likely have a custom box built for them but just curious what the specs were on the kicker box.

im sure the higher freq's will sound nice in the prefab box but im fairly certain they arent going to hit the lows i want. This is going into a ek civic so i know its going to sound fairly decent but i loooooove low bass so a custom box will be soon to follow.

im sure the higher freq's will sound nice in the prefab box but im fairly certain they arent going to hit the lows i want. This is going into a ek civic so i know its going to sound fairly decent but i loooooove low bass so a custom box will be soon to follow.

If you can put them in a 2.5 cubes per sub@35Hz 60 sq in total port area they will like it.

Archived