• 2 weeks later...

today I took out the focals in the front and put in some rockford fosgate r165x3 to match the 4in these are new for 2013 and I got them for $44 brand new , they sound very nice and louder than the focals so I can't wait to save up to buy rockford components

20130402_144752.jpg

20130402_150255.jpg

it took me 3 days, day one I cut the rings out and wrapped it with fleece, day two was fiberglass and bondo and day three was mostly sanding and paint. I didn't work on it the whole day it was just an hour or two a day that I actually worked on it

it took me 3 days, day one I cut the rings out and wrapped it with fleece, day two was fiberglass and bondo and day three was mostly sanding and paint. I didn't work on it the whole day it was just an hour or two a day that I actually worked on it

hmm and was this your first time with this?

yes this was my first time doing anything like this or even touching fiberglass and bondo . I've been told that it doesn't look like it was my first time I just made sure I sanded it good

30-35 for fiberglass and bondo,15 for hot glue gun and sticks and 1 yard of fleece at Walmart, 20-25 for a cheap sander and sand paper at harbor freight and 5 for a can of primer, 10-15 for mdf at home depot, so about $100 I would say only because I bought tools I didn't have

I just got some 200ft of sky high car audio 16 gauge speaker wire .. I have to say its not bad for $22-23 I paid almost double that for half as much wire.. I'll be rewiring the doors as soon as I get the quick disconnects I ordered

20130405_165135.jpg

20130405_170140.jpg

Archived