Dang I like this build you have going. I wish i could personally hear your SA8's and compare how I did with my enclosure in my NNBS Sierra CC. I found the design online but I think my 8's could sound better.

thanx.. i noticed it says you have a dc 2k that could be the problem because when i first got these i had them on a 2k amp too and they just didn't sound loud and then i switched it to a 1.2k and it was like day and night

I doubt its my amp. I dont have the gain turned up much. I believe its my stock radio. I just havent gotten around to installing my Pioneer double din i bought, MONTHS AGO! I have no time to spend on my truck to get things right.
when I got my subs I thought these subs could take a hifonics 2k since it probably wasnt going to put out 2k rms.. so I ordered a hifonics 1.2k rms and it was day and night and both amps were tuned with a dd-1.. the 2k worked fine because i had it almost 2 years without any problems

Dang I like this build you have going. I wish i could personally hear your SA8's and compare how I did with my enclosure in my NNBS Sierra CC. I found the design online but I think my 8's could sound better.

thanx.. i noticed it says you have a dc 2k that could be the problem because when i first got these i had them on a 2k amp too and they just didn't sound loud and then i switched it to a 1.2k and it was like day and night
I doubt its my amp. I dont have the gain turned up much. I believe its my stock radio. I just havent gotten around to installing my Pioneer double din i bought, MONTHS AGO! I have no time to spend on my truck to get things right.
when I got my subs I thought these subs could take a hifonics 2k since it probably wasnt going to put out 2k rms.. so I ordered a hifonics 1.2k rms and it was day and night and both amps were tuned with a dd-1.. the 2k worked fine because i had it almost 2 years without any problems

Dont get me wrong it sounds good but i believe it can get better. Im either going to build nother box or get some 10's. Because i do want louder. PM coming your way in a few.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Lookin good bro love the door pods! Been wanting to do the same to mine, but I threw in some qlogic prefab'd kicks insted. Trying to fit 2 6.5's in each door pod butit's a tight fit. Although I do like the look of two different sized speakers in there....hmmmm. Good luck with sotm!

My 03' sierra crew cab Here build in progress

• 5 months later...
20131113_114311.jpg I purchased a ct sounds 1400.1d because my other amp blew out on my and not for the reason everyone might think.. it was a freak accident! Lol well anyways the hifonics was a good amp but because of water damage caused by a car wash I went 2 months with no bass because some how water got in from the vents on the back wall of the truck and blew my amp.. but now on to bigger and better things.. im planning to run for system of the month and if I win I would add 2 more sundown sa8-v2's and strap 2 1400.1ds[/url]

Archived