Sonic Electronix

Basics - why you don't clip.

85-90dB is relatively LOUD for only 1watt of input power, especially 1 meter away from the speaker which most vehicles should be within.

I bet a few of you would be pretty surprised to find out that your system is only playing a few watts when you have it turned down (residential neighborhood, stop light, etc).

pfft I turn it up at stop lights!! :P:morepower1: (as long as there's no cops around)

so you're the type of dick bag that makes people want to ban "boom cars"

#teamihop

Two 12 inch DC XL's

Carbon Fiber Cap

Stetsom 7k

Shell of box / baffle built by me

Port / sealing the box by John Hone

Fuck midrange

Alpine-9886

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177428-97jettas-sql-trunk-wall-loudest-99-buick-century-custom-with-a-one-legged-owner/

price has no influence on how something sounds

I told him to move the fucking port.

they see me hoppin they stoppin they can't believe im so white and dirty

It looks like you got so drunk, that someone came up and stole your leg.

85-90dB is relatively LOUD for only 1watt of input power, especially 1 meter away from the%2

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

85-90dB is relatively LOUD for only 1watt of input power, especially 1 meter away from the speaker which most vehicles should be within.

I bet a few of you would be pretty surprised to find out that your system is only playing a few watts when you have it turned down (residential neighborhood, stop light, etc).

pfft I turn it up at stop lights!! :P:morepower1: (as long as there's no cops around)

so you're the type of dick bag that makes people want to ban "boom cars"

no I was kidding but I do know alot of ppl that do.

I won't say I've usually turned it down at lights but I do turn it off in neighborhoods usually, I've never ran enough power yet to really cause alot of issue

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Closed the video when he said you can damage a subwoofer by underpowering it.

well then, you missed a lot of very useful information. if you didn't already know it anyways.

sidenote: and yes i found the DC resistance to be a very interesting fact. which would explain further as to why the amp draws so fucking much at clipping.

I just remembered another good point that I wanted to make.

The reason why quality speakers can take more then rated power is called "derating".

Component vendors (resistors, capacitors, speakers, etc...) will "derate" their products probably 50% for one reason.......reliability.

Components run at 50% of their absolute true max ratings will last much, much longer then when pushed at 100%.

If you had a circuit that required a 100W resistor, would you install a resistor rated for 100W?

NOPE...you'd use a resistor rated for 200, maybe even 300W so it lasts as long as possible without failing.

Of course you have factor in how long the product is supposed to last and how much you want to spend.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived