Passive crossover for mids

Mikey Bates

I don't mind losing left/right control because I don't even touch it now. And I'd really like to just stick with running crescendo and I don't want components by them because I wanna use as much amp power as. I can and these speakers are the way to do it, I'm basically just wanting to keep up with bass

I don't mind losing left/right control because I don't even touch it now. And I'd really like to just stick with running crescendo and I don't want components by them because I wanna use as much amp power as. I can and these speakers are the way to do it, I'm basically just wanting to keep up with bass

You have no clue on what your doing let alone even saying, good luck in your endeavor.

EDIT: While my comment is sarcastic, it is meant to point out that good comps will blow away any combination of pro audio speakers you decide to throw in your ride.

You do not possess the knowledge or skill to properly set up a pro audio system.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

You have no clue on what your doing let alone even saying, good luck in your endeavor.

EDIT: While my comment is sarcastic, it is meant to point out that good comps will blow away any combination of pro audio speakers you decide to throw in your ride.

You do not possess the knowledge or skill to properly set up a pro audio system.

and good comps are EXPENSIVE, not everyone has the money to blow on multiple pairs of good comps man.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

So you want to see people piss away money constantly cause they blew this up, that up and god knows what else up cause they cheaped out and bought shit to begin with, so where do you actually save money by buying cheaper pro audio? Some of us that have ran many numbers of speakers over the years that make a recommendation on something, it means we have beaten the piss out of it and has stood up to the test of time and abuse. I recommend JBL, Hertz and some of the other top shelf brands for good reason, they are capable of taking 200w per set or more.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Lol left and right isnt just balance control over which side the music comes out of. Are you aware that musical recordings have a seperate left and right channel? Meaning different sounds come out of the left and right speakers? This is what you will lose.

But as pointed out already, which i didnt even think through was that since you said you are running your amps crossovers, you will have the same frequencies playing through two pairs of channels. This means one channel of your mids will be playing the same frequencies as your tweets...this is bad if you didn't know.

So please throw out the idea of running one channel for all your tweets and the rest on mids, it simply WILL NOT WORK.

As to the comps versus pro audio mids...ehhh I agree with skullz but at the same time, those crescendos are meant to be played together, are pretty durable, and don't sound all that bad. I dont think you speaker choice is your biggest problem at the moment lol

Team NorthWestSPL

So you want to see people piss away money constantly cause they blew this up, that up and god knows what else up cause they cheaped out and bought shit to begin with, so where do you actually save money by buying cheaper pro audio? Some of us that have ran many numbers of speakers over the years that make a recommendation on something, it means we have beaten the piss out of it and has stood up to the test of time and abuse. I recommend JBL, Hertz and some of the other top shelf brands for good reason, they are capable of taking 200w per set or more.

i'm sorry, I had no idea crescendo and pro audio was shit to begin with :WTFBubble: why would he be blowing stuff up by properly running pro audio mids and tweets on powerful four channel amp? what's wrong with the kid wanting to match up speaker brands with his amp? i'm just trying to help the kid out btw, not trying to stir up argument with you, i'm just stating facts

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Totally forgot about the crossover and channels, it was a brief idea that's all. And yes I know about left and right music, also didnt cross my mind. And skulls I really do appreciate the input, I may not know about pro audio all the way but I can trial and error it... I just don't have the money for comps... Realizing some of these things, I am going to run 2 mids on one channel, two on another and same for tweets. If it still isn't loud enough I can add tweets to the existing a channels with tweets, 4 per channel, and as far as mids I'd but a second 1100.4 . Worst case. This was I'm keeping my left and right and the crossovers all in check

i'd still run some extra type of crossover on the tweets though, maybe an inline crossover.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived