Passive crossover for mids

Mikey Bates

I think your just over complicating stuff by trying to run so much on 1 amp

now good comps are expensive so I understand not going with them, but turning around and saying you'll buy another 4channel to run mids is using the money that could buy some nice comps to begin with...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

i'd still run some extra type of crossover on the tweets though, maybe an inline crossover.

Why is that?

Too shallow of a slope with the onboard crossovers?

I just like playing it safe haha, i'm sure the built in crossover on the crescendo is much better than on my hifonics but when I tried to hook up my tweets straight to the amp and just use the high pass filter accordingly I never managed to get the tweets to sound clean like they should, once I got the passive crossover on them with my 6.5's it sounded great.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Why do people have to over complicate the easiest things in this hobby?

There is a saying and it applies to everything (K.I.S.S.) Keep It Simple Stupid - stop trying to make rube goldberg projects out of everything.

that's why we are team bassick. as in basic. lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

True with the buying another amp cost more but I'm only going to buy another amp to support mids and highs if the current ones aren't loud enough, and TRT why run another crossover? It'll be set to 5k or so hz on my amp...

because I like to play it safe and i'm assuming that you don't have the proper tools or the know how to set up the crossover properly lol, not trying to be a dick, just trying to help out man.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived