First time gun cleaning, man it needed it with all the stuff that comes from the factory.

Dirty q-tips mainly from slide grooves

After that I dropped 1 drop of hoppes lube down the slide grooves, and one drop on the slide hood. Then 1 drop on the gun barrel groove opposite of the recoil spring groove.

I think that its ready for the range now!

That copper colored lubricant, according to Glock cleaning procedure was NOT supposed to be removed. Nice Glock btw! I carry a Glock 22 Gen 4 daily.

Really? Where does it say that at? It says to clean and lube before first use, how else am I supposed to do that without removing that stuff?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Its just like a copper anti seize....something like they put on sparkplugs

You can clean it off, just apply a light drop or oil to the rails like it says to do in the instructions

That's exactly what I did, I applied lube in all of the places it showed to put a drop. Ran great today, shot 150rds.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Congrats on the 19. Excellent choice. I have a 19 gen 3 with the trijicon hd sights, and it's one of my favs. Great size to carry, and if I stop by the range while I'm out to kill some time, I never wish I had brought something else that day.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

Yea I will probably do the same, it's no biggy to just remove the old and drop a couple new drops in. Might as well.

I promise I will bring my gopro next time! Got excited and left without it last time lol.

Nice! Those seem like the go to sights. I will probably get them in the near future. :)

I much prefer Meprolight Tritiums, over other offerings on the market, for a defense oriented weapon anyway. Check em out.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

I change out the lubricate around every 300 rounds I just wipe it down after normal use

That doesnt hurt, but thats overkill, especially for a glock. You might be surprised at how well a nice used glock functions with zero lube. not saying thats recomended, but glocks run and run and run. To clean a glock that id be shotting regularly, Ill clp a bore snake and run it through, then go shoot the piss out of it, bore snake it, wipe it off, and put it away till next time. A good lube, like Frog Lube, will last quite a bit before needing reapplied. I field strip pistols much much less then people would assume, typically most users, clean em up to much. Depending on the weapon, the more you tear it apart, drive pins out etc, the faster you can possibly be loosening tolerances. A clean gun is def good, but many people clean to much, not realizing how long and well a properly set up piece can be shot, just how "dirty" it can be before anything bad starts to happen.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

Nice! Those seem like the go to sights. I will probably get them in the near future. :)

I much prefer Meprolight Tritiums, over other offerings on the market, for a defense oriented weapon anyway. Check em out.

I will check them out!

How often would you recommend cleaning a glock? I only shoot fmj target ammo. Per a certain amount of rounds, time, or just by how it looks physically?

Shot again today, 85rds cuz I was trying to conserve some ammo lol. 100x better than yesterday. I realized my problem when I was dry firing it earlier, I think I was squeezing with the crease of my finger instead of the pad. Now I have good groups, I'm about a 1/2" off where I want to be though.

I'm happy now! Pics when I get home :)

15ft, 15rds, I was aiming for the middle of his nose but I'm left about a 1/2".

8ED80558-06DE-4385-ACE0-92F49C4BB1AE-641

Archived