Sundown Audio

understanding amplifier internals

Integra_boomer

Is there any reliable source skematics out there to better explain the guts of the typical monoblock amplifier? I have a really good understanding with electricity in general and understand most of the components found inside them but i want to know how it all ties together. where all does the flow of current go from the input all the way to the output so far i understand the difference in the transformers on the input and output side but i want to learn about the board, the mosfets what type of resistors everything thats used i want to know whats good and whats not that way i can better compare amplifiers. it seems like so many of the monoblocks are so much alike that it makes you wonder what youre really buying. I see alot of them aq some DDs etc are made in korea. im thinking if i learn all this i can be familiar with where the amp is originated and KNOW what it is. basically i want to weed out and find the differences bc theres so many darn brands now and coming out more and more. anyone on here with experience?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Archived