Second Skin Audio

Tough

Alright so Im kind of in a tough situation....I have 2 Rockford Fosgate T10001bd's and looking for a single 15" sub for both of them, Im still kinda unsure about how to strap them if I need the bd sync cable or not, or if I get a Dual Voicecoil sub that I can run each coil to each amp. Right now I'm looking at a DD 9515, Fi BTL, DC LVL 5(dont wanna wait though), IA Death Penalty, Mmats Juggernaut, etc...This will be a daily groundpounder and used in comps for bass race n such, I was wondering what all ya opinions would be, Money is really isnt a issue I have enough for all of them. Thanks

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eric B @ Feb 5 2008, 10:12 PM) 247173[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Alright so Im kind of in a tough situation....I have 2 Rockford Fosgate T10001bd's and looking for a single 15" sub for both of them, Im still kinda unsure about how to strap them if I need the bd sync cable or not, or if I get a Dual Voicecoil sub that I can run each coil to each amp. Right now I'm looking at a DD 9515, Fi BTL, DC LVL 5(dont wanna wait though), IA Death Penalty, Mmats Juggernaut, etc...This will be a daily groundpounder and used in comps for bass race n such, I was wondering what all ya opinions would be, Money is really isnt a issue I have enough for all of them. Thanks

gettin a dual 2 ohm sub and wirin 1 coil to each would be bad ass!!

or dual 1 ohm would be better if it could handle it....get a 15" btl fully loaded, and run 1 amp to each coil

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

You will need the sync cable, each amp will pump out a different amount of juice and the subwoofer won't like it.

Actually between the 2 amps on the birthsheet there is jus a one watt difference, one is 1359rms and one is 1360rms at 1ohm

Edited by Eric B

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

You can try it, but I would recommend the sync cable. Are both their efficiencies the same?

2% Difference..Yea Imma pry get the Sync cable but what coil would I want, would a dual 4 and a Dual 1 work?

Edited by Eric B

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

yea get a dual 1, run it in series, that way the amps are seeing a 2 ohm load strapped (or 1 ohm a piece)

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall