bassfreake Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 CJ is right its 1. Again order of operations goes from left to right and is as follows Parenthesis Exponents Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction And If you are working within the parenthesis with multiple operations the rest of PEMDAS still applies. For example you would check for any further parenthesis' and solve them from left to right, then you would find and solve exponents, multiplication, division, addition and subtraction until the parentheses were solved. Its easy math. except CJ said 9 Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
SoundFreakk Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 6 / 2 (1+2) 6 / 2 (3) 3 (3) 9 WrongThe way I remember is always work out the shit between () You need to get rid of them then divide. So 1 is right answer I would say the stuff in parenthesis is worked first....than multiplication and division is worked next....the 2 is outside the parenthesis so it doesn't get done with the parenthesis, its counted as multiplication Yeah I know but I thought you had to get rid of the parenthesis first before doing anything else. So first 6/2(3) Then 6/6 so you got rid of parenthesis So you get 1 but could be I'm wrong I had math like this at school 3x(2x^2-17^5) + 7x^3(45x - 70x^6) I SUCKED AT IT LOL Ascendant Audio/Rockford Fosgate Car Audio in House Build
ric006 Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 Awnser is 9 love the little stupid puzzle ones lol
CJ18 Posted February 23, 2013 Author Report Posted February 23, 2013 With multiplication and division, you just work from left to right. In the order of PEMDAS, Multiplication and division are EQUAL and division and subtraction are equal.
knockin'hoe97 Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 6 / 2 (1+2) 6 / 2 (3) 3 (3) 9 WrongThe way I remember is always work out the shit between () You need to get rid of them then divide. So 1 is right answer I would say the stuff in parenthesis is worked first....than multiplication and division is worked next....the 2 is outside the parenthesis so it doesn't get done with the parenthesis, its counted as multiplication Yeah I know but I thought you had to get rid of the parenthesis first before doing anything else. So first 6/2(3) Then 6/6 so you got rid of parenthesis So you get 1 but could be I'm wrong I had math like this at school 3x(2x^2-17^5) + 7x^3(45x - 70x^6) I SUCKED AT IT LOL lol i hear ya man but naw 2(3) can be read as 2*3....its multiplication, so it follows the multiplication and division from left to right
bassfreake Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 6 / 2 (1+2) 6 / 2 (3) 3 (3) 9 WrongThe way I remember is always work out the shit between () You need to get rid of them then divide. So 1 is right answer I would say the stuff in parenthesis is worked first....than multiplication and division is worked next....the 2 is outside the parenthesis so it doesn't get done with the parenthesis, its counted as multiplication Yeah I know but I thought you had to get rid of the parenthesis first before doing anything else. So first 6/2(3) Then 6/6 so you got rid of parenthesis So you get 1 but could be I'm wrong I had math like this at school 3x(2x^2-17^5) + 7x^3(45x - 70x^6) I SUCKED AT IT LOL you just do what's inside the parenthesis you don't actually have to get rid of them Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. My Build Log
kl0wn Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 You can tell a lot of people on this forum paid attention in school. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
CJ18 Posted February 23, 2013 Author Report Posted February 23, 2013 2+2=22 and my system is hittin 200db!
IAHertz Posted February 23, 2013 Report Posted February 23, 2013 My wife backed up my answer of 1. Then I showed her all the arguments you guys made. And I went to this site: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/kZkTv_WTSxA ...only to find alot more arguing about what the correct answer was. Then my (electronic engineering) wife of mine started second guessing herself, and got out her TI-89. She amends her answer to 9, then proceeds to exclaim her disbelief that anyone could get an answer other than 9. YGBFSM! My head hurts...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.