Laptop Wont Start Windows. Help?

Nothings backed up. Damn. Is there a way to recover what's on this hard drive, like on a new computer or someting?

you can always just pop the drive out and stick it in an external hard drive cradle and pull the data that way. assuming the hard drive isn't exhibiting the "death noises"

Had a similar problem when i dropped my Sager. It corrupted the hard drive somehow.. You can pop open a portable hard drive and its pretty much plug and play with other 2.5 sata drives. I had to do this to figure out if it was a hardware fault or just the hard drive. I just formatted that hard drive and reinstalled windows.

system restore through windows just uses a premade backup when you did X. like uninstall itunes or something. it will make a backup before you do that, in case something goes wrong. so when you pick that restore point, all the files changed/made from then til today, will be deleted or reverted back to a previous state.

i've never heard of system restore restoring it completely back to factory. if the computer has a partition on the hard drive from factory, that allows you to restore the OS back to "out of the box".

The restore disks don't completely reset it back to factory? I know if you use system restore it will restore back to your last point you have set up but I always thought the disk just wipes everything and starts over.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

system restore through windows just uses a premade backup when you did X. like uninstall itunes or something. it will make a backup before you do that, in case something goes wrong. so when you pick that restore point, all the files changed/made from then til today, will be deleted or reverted back to a previous state.

i've never heard of system restore restoring it completely back to factory. if the computer has a partition on the hard drive from factory, that allows you to restore the OS back to "out of the box".

The restore disks don't completely reset it back to factory? I know if you use system restore it will restore back to your last point you have set up but I always thought the disk just wipes everything and starts over.

restore DISKS, yeah those make it back to factory. restore points are different though. they're a feature built into windows that basically do like incremental restore points.

Archived