ThreehundredC Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 if you push on one it is putting pressure in the box if it was sealed the air should have no where to go but to flex the other sub out if there was a hole the sub wouldn't move the air would just go out the hole.. why do u think its leaking ,sound bad?
Jessica Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Do you mean the top of the box? Ports are on the outter corners 1 on each side! ok. Then it's a divided ported box. So pull the subs and just silicone around the edges of the divider. Give it 24 hours to cure and then put the subs back in and try again. Weird that it's divided/ported. That makes the box a lot bigger than it need to be. Maybe one day you should consider building your own box. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 But it does move! I literally can push one sub in and I can see the other move! Long shot but Could it be that because both are wired together that when I push down on one the other moves??
Joe X Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Box is ported on top! Each has its own chamber! With a board in the middle separating the two subs! As for me having a dc sticker ya that's the shoe company and why u have to make a ignorant comments about things like that is beyond me They hold no relevance to this thread so thanks for your comment but no thanx! Go start your own thread about MY STICKER and keep out of mine! So yes again box is ported 57w x 31h x 16d 1inch and a half baffle Board down the middle separating chambers Tuned to about 34hrz Bolted down to the frame Guess ill try some resin to seal this thing up next week! Thanx for ur help guys In a ported box what you are describing should not happen The test should be done with no power to the speakers.
Jessica Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 But it does move! I literally can push one sub in and I can see the other move! Long shot but Could it be that because both are wired together that when I push down on one the other moves?? no. Does the box have a solid divider between the two subs? or just bracing? edit with a solid divider it shouldn't do that. So do like i said and pull the subs and inspect the divider. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 Reason I have them in separate chambers is because I've herd that if the subs share one common chamber it can be bad! Also if one blows I can still play the other cause it has its own box
Joe X Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 But it does move! I literally can push one sub in and I can see the other move! Long shot but Could it be that because both are wired together that when I push down on one the other moves?? There should be no power to the subs when doing that test, furthermore maybe subs disconnected just to make sure.
RMac18 Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 My understanding is its 2 chambers sealed from each other by a divider and each chamber is ported. If this is the case do as Strangeduck mentioned, pull the subs and seal around the divider(caulk, resin, fiberglass). and you should be alright.
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 It is a solid divider! And yes I plan to pull them out next week!
Jessica Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Reason I have them in separate chambers is because I've herd that if the subs share one common chamber it can be bad! Also if one blows I can still play the other cause it has its own box Two seperarate chambers will protect you if you blow a sub true. But it makes for a big box. Most people here are going to tell you to use a shared chamber and one port. It really doesn't make any difference. As long as the two sides are exactly the same. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.