Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Hey guys having an issue with my box ( so I think)2 l7 15 in a 12 cube box give or take! My issue is when I sealed it up and mounted speakers I could push down on one speaker and the other would not move! That's good! Now a couple months later! I pushed on one of the speakers to see how my break in was doing and I noticed the other speaker move out as I pushed the other in! Which only means I got a leak! RIGHT??? Just looking on advice as toHow this effects performanceWill it damage anythingThe only reason I'm Asking is cause it's gunna be a Bit*h to seal it! Can it even be re sealed or do I have to build a new box?
stroupe79 Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 why on earth do you have 2 15s in a 12cube box?....just build a new box....12cubes is enough for 4 15s btw... http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 because the l7 loves big boxes! and its probably closser to 5 cubes each chamber when all is said and done..... but doesnt help with my question???
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 Thinking of throwing some screws up and down the baffle and on the top of the box ( drilling into the the center board dividing the two chambers) hopping to bring everything in tighter then seal it again from the inside with liquid nails ! Good idea or bad?
bigmescan Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 if it where me id resin the hell out of it. on the inside. SONY XAV-701HDRF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd 3 Sundown x8's d22004 f150 single cab2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)stock batt up fronBIG 3http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 Excuse my ignorance but what's resin? Fiberglass?
bigmescan Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 yeah.......but i would just build another box....and double or triple the center divider of the box and still resin the inside of box. SONY XAV-701HDRF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd 3 Sundown x8's d22004 f150 single cab2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)stock batt up fronBIG 3http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74
bighossf150 Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 yes, glass each seam on the inside to seal it Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Pauly1987 Posted February 24, 2013 Author Report Posted February 24, 2013 Is this somthing I can buy at Home Depot? Do I got to mix shit? Buy different chemicals??? Also I can't get this done till next week!! Is ok to keep playing the system like this or will I hurt the sub?
C-Fizzy Posted February 24, 2013 Report Posted February 24, 2013 Whoa why do you think you have a leak? Cuz you push down on one sub and the other moves? Is this a sealed or ported box? If you're really unsure about the box being sealed up then just get some caulking and line the joints inside. Much cheaper, easier and quicker. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.