Second Skin Audio

18 that will enjoy its life in a 5 cube box?

Nate Futuristic

Anything besides zv3s

Must be able to take 1500rms (real power not 1500 rated)

Reason being is I'm trying to stay below the window line and have about 13 cubes before displacement

Real world shit! Don't post if you "think" a sub can do it..

If this is considered a vs thread report/close it and ill gladly go to another site and ask

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Why do you only have 5 cubes if you have 13 before displacement?

Recommended box specs from Fi for a BTL 18 is 5-8 cubes so I would say that would work pretty well.

Edit: Bl 18 is 5-10 cubes. Bl's are rated at 1500 rms if you would rather go with that.

Anything besides zv3s

Reason being is I'm trying to stay below the window line and have about 13 cubes before displacement

If this is considered a vs thread report/close it and ill gladly go to another site and ask

Do you mean Sundown audio Z v3?

If so, why not?

There is no set budget?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Why do you only have 5 cubes if you have 13 before displacement?

Recommended box specs from Fi for a BTL 18 is 5-8 cubes so I would say that would work pretty well.

5 cubes per sub.. 2 subs = 10 cubes

13 cubes after "general" sub/port/bracing displacement is right around 10.2-10.5 cubes give or take a little since im using GENERAL woofer displacement

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

Anything besides zv3s

If so, why not?

There is no set budget?

would like to keep it under 850-900 shipped

so BTL's are out

sundown Zv3s are close to the budget and my last and final option

i just want to see if anyone has "starved" a 18 with less air space and it still sound good

if anyone is wondering the amp is AQ3500.1 (4300@1ohm) after voltage/box rise im not expecting more than 3000-3500ish out of it

this is for a daily set up tuned in the low 30s

Anything besides zv3s

If so, why not?

There is no set budget?

so BTL's are out

i just want to see if anyone has "starved" a 18 with less air space and it still sound good

if anyone is wondering the amp is AQ3500.1 (4300@1ohm) after voltage/box rise im not expecting more than 3000-3500ish out of it

I would get the sundown Z's, they are the best option for a 1500w woofer, if you upgrade power later, it will be able to handle it.

Why take a gamble , maybe the subs won't work well in such small space.

And the Z's will a lot better then most subwoofers.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Anything besides zv3s

If so, why not?

There is no set budget?

so BTL's are out

I would get the sundown Z's, they are the best option for a 1500w woofer, if you upgrade power later, it will be able to handle it.

Why take a gamble , maybe the subs won't work well in such small space.

And the Z's will a lot better then most subwoofers.

yeah i was just hoping someone else had like 2 level 4 18s in a 10 cube box or something

i always see cody recommending smaller box's for DC subs EVEN if you only push rms to them (compared to whats on DC's site)

meh im still considering 15s(FLwatersaver is selling his SP4s after SBN) but for the power im thinking the Zv3s will do a little better

Archived