4" or 4 x 6 suggestions

03 Xtreme Fosgate

I'm needing some new speakers to go in my dash as my 4 x 6 plates have fell apart.. Some suggestions would be great

Just depends on what you want i guess, and what you have for other front stage speakers, 4" will get you so good highs & 4x6 you"ll get a little mid range. Whats the vehicle, your styereo set up, wattage, ect?

It's a 03 S10 Xtreme,6.5's in doors,adding 6.5's and tweets in kicks,they'll be powered off a T400.4 or T600.4 and everything ran through 360.3. going for SQL set up really,midbass in the doors in a few months.

what were you running in the 4x6 location that fell apart?....

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I'm looking at the RF T142 and the T1462 but looking for opinions on those or suggestions on something else

Are you running other RF products now? I run 2 of the T400-4 powering T265 comps and i would suggest the T600-4 if you want more power. It was $100 difference per amp which is why i went with the T400-4. Depending on your HU, Crossovers ect to run 2 sets of 6 1/2s do you need the 4" or 4x6.<br />I did T165 comps in kicker panel on my sons Tahoe and the tweeters down low didnt do much, later added a set of T1652 in his doors that help front stage. This was a couple years ago and i have learn tons since then.<br />You have a good idea going for front stage, just remember tunning it all and anything in the dash is going to be loud bouncing off the front windshield in your face.<br />2 sets of comps would be way loud up front in the right position, powered & tunned right.<br />You have any pics or build log?

Archived