Sundown Audio

AudioPipe 1800D

EricDoody95

Im probably going to be getting a Audiopipe 1800D for now and then upgrade later. Any opinions on them? What kind of wiring kit should i get? upgrade to the big 3?

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

They're not too great, IMO. Some people love them, some people hate them. They don't do rated power.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

They're not too great, IMO. Some people love them, some people hate them. They don't do rated power.

See the thing is, i need a amp that will power 2 SA-12's but at the moment im not looking to go all out, like. im not at the point where im going to buy a Crescendo, or AQ2200, or a SAZ-1500.

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

*North East Frequencies*

Well what is your budget?

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Well what is your budget?

at the moment, in the area of 250. Later on? well i plan on getting a AQ2200

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

*North East Frequencies*

Friend just hooked up an Audiopipe 1800d and his subs keep popping when he turns it on and off. After trouble shooting, (brandnew RCAs, Wires, Headunit, etc...) its the amplifier. Hopefully he can ship back for a refund or exchange. There's better options out there. I have not heard much negativity on the AP15001D though.

they're ok for budget push... only issue I had with them is when you're running as much power at least that they're rated at even the manual that they give you with the amp says that for the 1800 you should run 1/0 gauge wire to the amp... but there is absolutely no way to get 1/0 gauge in that amp it barely fits 4 gauge... and the angle on the terminals means you can't even get a reducer that goes straight on and from what I've heard only one company sells bent reducers. (don't remember who it was... there's another thread somewhere in here talking about this same amp that someone mentions it) but it does hit decently, it's construction just makes it a little awkward to use and yea I'm sure it probably doesn't do rated but I never clamped it to find out. I sold the one I had and working on replacing it with either a DC 2k a BC 2k or a AQ/SQ 2200

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Friend just hooked up an Audiopipe 1800d and his subs keep popping when he turns it on and off. After trouble shooting, (brandnew RCAs, Wires, Headunit, etc...) its the amplifier. Hopefully he can ship back for a refund or exchange. There's better options out there. I have not heard much negativity on the AP15001D though.

that could have just been a factory error or something I ran one of those for 2 years and never had that problem.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

So uh, guys, im guessing, dont get a audiopipe?

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

*North East Frequencies*

If you're in the 250 range you can find a used AQ2200 and BC 2K for around that price, 275-300 area. I would save a little bit more and get a way better amplifier.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Archived