'13 Subaru BRZ HCCA/AQ2200/Fiberglass

Cool project! I've heard these BRZ's are a blast to drive around corners.

Yes it definitely is a fun car. Thanks

Very nice coming along

Thanks

Hope this works out. Putting in a lot of thought and effort to get that HCCA in there. Awesome sub BTW.

Yes, definitely one of my more difficult installs. Probably less design than when I put two 18" lvl 4's in my ford probe though, lol.

Would you believe I traded one 18" lvl4 with lvl5 coils for two of these hcca's?

Also, just thought i'd leave this here...

http://www.frsport.com/Turbo---Supercharger-Kit_c_157.html

Oh don't worry, boost will come. Just might not be till next spring :unknw:

Dude this is so badass

Thanks

This makes my pants a bit tighter. I want to see this thing slam already!

SMD_zps84fd99a2.jpg
95 Acura Integra - 5-speed
NFG thumb.gif
Pioneer FH-X700BT
(2) Rockford Fosgate 12" P3
AQ1200d
Rockford Fosgate P1652-S 6.5" components
Rockford Fosgate P1572 5x7"
Rockford Fosgate R400.4

95 Integra Build Here
93 EJ2 Build Here

Mid-worknight update while waiting for resin to cure:

Had to break open the roll of fiberglass.

20130228_155614.jpg

For some of this I switched back to some old resin I had. It actually seemed to work better than my newer stuff when working overhead due to it being thicker. However this came at the cost of the color and knowing I was using super old resin. lol.

20130228_173726.jpg

20130228_203836.jpg

20130228_220119.jpg

The top now has one layer attaching it as you can see. Going to put another couple so its solid then find out if I can get this thing out of my trunk opening. Chances are I'm going to have to chop off some corners.

So there is good news and bad news.

The good:

• The box separated well from the side. Yay using both tape and foil.
  • Since the box won't fit through the trunk opening it is a lot harder to steal.

The bad:

• The box won't fit through the trunk opening.

So I had suspected this would happen. It is pretty close, but the box is just too tall to lift up high enough to even get the edge up to the opening. Thats what I get for trying to shove this big of a box into a brz. However, I have a backup plan. Luckily I was able to make the box so that it would clear the trunk opening. (by about half an inch) So, I just have to take it through a front door. Hopefully this won't make me have to take a seat out, but if I have to take a seat out, I have to take a seat out. Ah the things we go through to be bassheads. Anyways, here are some pics of it separated:

20130301_020236.jpg

20130301_020450.jpg

(I won't take the foil off until it is out of the car in case there is some sticky residue left)

If you are interested in how I made the template for the upper piece (since I kinda glossed over it) here is the video I mentioned I made:

Love this car! You gonna do any performance mods?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

You're gonna have to take a seat out LOL.

Welcome to my world.

Actually, I managed to get it out with the seats in. Took two people, but its out.

Love this car! You gonna do any performance mods?

Yes, eventually. New wheels and tires will come in about a month which will be a big grip upgrade. Eventually I plan to boost it, however that is probably a year away.

Good news everyone. Photobucket is telling me I'm already at 90% of my bandwidth. Silly phone uploading full res pictures. Anyways im switching accounts now, hopefully neither maxes out.

Anyways today was a lot of work and not a lot of pictures. However there wasn't really much to take pictures of, it was largely just adding a ton of fiberglass. However the box is now all one solid piece. Observe:

Checking the space of the cubby thing. Is about half a cube.

20130301_213028.jpg

Font piece partially routered out, but still left enough to let the front be solid. Excitingly enough, my 50 year old router died while I was doing this cut. I freehanded with a jig saw through the section that didn't get cut at all before realizing there was no way to do the rest of this build without a router. So off to lowes to pick up a new one.

20130301_230644.jpg

How it stands now.

20130302_061049.jpg

20130302_061104.jpg

Anyways It is 6:34 right now and I just got in from working. Dedication at its finest. Anyways to clear any confusion, yes this box is ported. The port is in the box, I just haven't cut the face for it yet. Since I had a pretty set size for the box between the fiberglassed section and wanting to protrude as little as possible into the center of the trunk, I was running into trade-offs between tuning and port area. Since I have plenty of power on tap I was wanting low tuning. I settled on 35hz and 10in^2/ft^3 of port area. However due to a rookie mistake at about 4am, I ended up with slightly less port area and 32 hz tuning. I caught my mistake before it got too far, but after checking the numbers, I decided to just go with it. I doubt ill be disappointed with the lower tuning.

Archived