Sundown Audio

EQ or bass knob?

Azzazel_99

So right now i have my sub amp connected through my EQ and thats how i control my bass level, my question is whats better to use or is there a point to use both the bass knob that came with the amp and the sub level control on the eq? I would think they would do essentially the same thing

anyone have input on this? The only plus i can think of running through the EQ is its a higher voltage than my alpine radio. Thoughts?

The voltage doesn't really matter cause it should match or not exceed it on the amp

High RCA voltage the gain will be lower

Low RCA voltage the gain will be higher

So there is no advantage using one over the other? I have seen some folks using the EQ bass controller AND a bass knob.......that seemed kinda dumb to me as i dont see a point in having both. Am i incorrect?

Having a bass knob is more convienent unless you have your eq mounted in dash which I doubt

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

So there is no advantage using one over the other? I have seen some folks using the EQ bass controller AND a bass knob.......that seemed kinda dumb to me as i dont see a point in having both. Am i incorrect?

I think you just answer your own question. When you say bass eq. Are you referring to something

like an epicenter? If so. I wouldn't even mess with the remote amp bass knob..

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

I think you just answer your own question. When you say bass eq. Are you referring to something

like an epicenter? If so. I wouldn't even mess with the remote amp bass knob..

Good catch I thought he was referring to the knob that's on the eq

Not something like an epicenter

Op what do you have

An eq or epicenter/bass restoration

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-EQS746-Graphic-Equalizer-Crossover/dp/B000EZV3T8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362016486&sr=8-1&keywords=clarion+eq

It has a built in bass level

Or am i misusing this? It has a Sub Level control that adjusts the volume of the bass the subs are putting out just as the bass knob that came with the amp does. I played with both individually briefly when installing the amp but didn't notice a difference in the 2 as far as sound.

And yes its mounted flush in my dash where the factory cd player went, which is in a totally different location than the factory deck which now houses my alpine 127bt

Archived