does car radio quality matter with rockford 3sixty.3

I have a kenwood x996 (quality unit) and i was using the dsp on the unit and 13band eq. Well i have the 3sixty.3 now( which sound awesome btw greatly improved my system) so i disabled the dsp on the unit and ran set the eq to flat. My question is i wanted to get a soundstream dvd indash online. the x996 has a wolfson 24bit dac. When using the 3sixty.3 does it even matter if a new deck dont have a good dac? Or does the 3sixty.3 just take the signal and do its own thing?

UPDATE!!!!!!

The 3Sixty.3 uses an Analog to Digital Converter featuring 24-bit precision using Advanced Delta Sigma Architecture, and a Digital to Analog Converter featuring 24-bit precision with 108dB Dynamic Range.

so in other words the deck dosent matter long as its getting a unclipped signal which the 3sixty.3 will detect for you. soundstream tablet radio here i come lol.

the 3sixty is only for equalization.... which means if you give it a shitty input it can't make it sound like CD quality.... but I am by no means saying that the new HU you're looking at is bad. just stating fact.... Also really depends on the files it's playing, if they are all shitty youtube rips then the 3sixty won't do anything for you

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

the 3sixty is only for equalization.... which means if you give it a shitty input it can't make it sound like CD quality.... but I am by no means saying that the new HU you're looking at is bad. just stating fact.... Also really depends on the files it's playing, if they are all shitty youtube rips then the 3sixty won't do anything for you

Only good for eqing???

I don't have one and I know it's not just for that

Only good for eqing???

I don't have one and I know it's not just for that

my words were "only FOR eq'in" ..... never once was I putting a bad word on it.... also google rf 3sixty.3 and look at rf's website.... advertised as

3SIXTY.3 8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ 248 Band Parametric EQ

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

nice thanks guys. I almost stepped my game down whew close call. what i know for sure is it is a glorified eq/line driver/ crossover with delay on each channel so it can sound stage like a dsp. but i got it Feed it crap i receive crap. Feed it quality i get quality.

I don't know the soundstream you speak of and cannot comment on its output clarity/potential ..... all I'm saying is don't cheap out on the source even if you have a 3sixty .... :-)

• 2 weeks later...

update. The 3Sixty.3 uses an Analog to Digital Converter featuring 24-bit precision using Advanced Delta Sigma Architecture, and a Digital to Analog Converter featuring 24-bit precision with 108dB Dynamic Range. source http://rftech.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1118

so in other words the deck dosent matter long as its getting a unclipped signal which the 3sixty.3 will detect for you. soundstream tablet radio here i come lol.

uhhhh, deck does matter. Like others have said, not saying anything about the unit you are buying. But try running some 8 track player through your 360.3 and see how good it sounds. lol.

The signal is only as good as the source. But of course unless you are building a pure SQ system and competing i think you will probably not notice the difference.

uhhhh, deck does matter. Like others have said, not saying anything about the unit you are buying. But try running some 8 track player through your 360.3 and see how good it sounds. lol.

The signal is only as good as the source. But of course unless you are building a pure SQ system and competing i think you will probably not notice the difference

the 8 track thing is a great way to look at it lol. i had actually thought of just using a pc as a deck to.

Archived