Building a new computer

the processor i posted i just ordered for $110. i doubt i will be disappointed. i think most of you are way over-estimating what this will be used for.

when you have two 40 inch tv's as monitors, there is no over estimation.

Exactly... This... That's why i was saying to run dual GPUs cuz the graphics to handle that much screenage may take more processing power than you realize

for now, i think i will try just a single 7850, and if i find i need more, then it's np to pick up a second 7850.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

-Any decent AMD or Intel quad or 6-core @ 3.8ghz+. Noctua makes good heatsinks, toss a big one on for worry free overclocking up to ~4.3-4.5ghz (I run a 2600K @ 4.5 under a Noctua NH-D14)

-16gb ram (32 is a waste for current gen and the next couple years it looks like, cheap stuff works fine).

-120gb+ SSD by Intel, Corsair, or Samsung (i'm running a 256gb Samsung currently, works good)

-Whatever storage drives you want, just not WD Greens (I have 2x 1TB WD Black, 1x 2TB WD Black, 1x 3TB Hitachi)

-GPU - ATi 7950 by anyone but Sapphire. Cheap and powerful. Nv - GTX660 or 670, but the 7950 will give better performance. Should have no problems @ 1080p. I have a 7970 and 2x GTX670's, either setup works fine for me on my 30" LG W3000 (2560x1600) though I find the 7970 to give a better gameplay experience since it does not run out of VRAM at 1600p.

As to AMD/Intel performance, you get what you pay for. Choose a quad core cpu at minimum 3.5ghz and most things should be about the same between them, within margin of error. Hyperthreading has been shown to decrease performance in many situations, so choose to enable or disable it based on what you're doing if you go Intel. If you choose AMD you can adjust things like processor affinity or core parking to increase your performance.

Bassfreake - Running multiple monitors does not increase GPU useage unless you are gaming on them all at once. With only two monitors I doubt he will be doing so. Also you dont need to disable crossfire to have all your monitors enabled unless you have configured your system improperly..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

the processor i posted i just ordered for $110. i doubt i will be disappointed. i think most of you are way over-estimating what this will be used for.

Exactly... This... That's why i was saying to run dual GPUs cuz the graphics to handle that much screenage may take more processing power than you realize

Most 42 inch LCD's only run at 1280x768 unless they're plasma's which will actually run at 1920x1080, even with two though, it should be a problem for even a lower end card.

Most 42 inch LCD's only run at 1280x768 unless they're plasma's which will actually run at 1920x1080, even with two though, it should be a problem for even a lower end card.

Plasma's are usually 720p ones. LCD/LED will be 720 or 1080p.

EDIT

Forwarning, dont buy MSI ver2 7950's: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?285222-YMMV-Gigabyte-7950s-new-rev-2-should-hold-off-buying-o-c-only-1140-and-one-to-legacy.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

my 40" $300 LCD is 1080p. my parents 50" plasma is 720p.

Have a 37" 1080p LCD

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Protip: unless you pay $1500+, its probably not a 1080p plasma.

Hammerdown... 1%

my 32" LCD/LED is 1080p

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Using 2 TV's as monitors won't be an issue. Size of the screen doesn't matter, resolution does. You could use an 80" 1080p TV and it would be the same framerate as a 21" 1080p monitor. Even if they're both 1080p you'll never use them both for gaming because the bezel will be dead center and it would be impossible to play any game I know of with a 2" thick black bar running down the middle of the screen. A single HD 7850 will play maxed-out single-screen 1080p with no issues in almost every game. Outside of gaming it's more than enough to run 2 screens for web browsing or whatever. Even integrated graphics will run 2 screens outside gaming.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived