AI James Posted February 27, 2013 Report Posted February 27, 2013 he's refering to an old pioneer issue with pico fuses which you would ground the outter metal jacket of the rca to get rid of induced noise. most likely not the issue your having. Check every ground connection deck ground, amp ground, rca connections, speaker wires, where you are grounded etc etc. Even a bad amp can cause ground interference
Antonio Moore Posted February 27, 2013 Author Report Posted February 27, 2013 You most certainly have a ground loop. I was experiencing the same issue even over my balanced Symbilink cables. I noticed and removed the factory ground strap between my engine block and chassis (which made a chassis-block-chassis loop due to my existing frame and block to battery grounds) now I am noise free! So u re grounded HU?
8ight Posted February 27, 2013 Report Posted February 27, 2013 You ground the RCA shields to the head unit case. I have never had to do this with any Pioneer and don't recommend you do, if the pico fuse for your RCA grounds isn't blown it will be after you do this. It may take care of the noise but that should be treated at the source since it is obviously making it into your signal path somehow. I'm gonna hate
Antonio Moore Posted March 1, 2013 Author Report Posted March 1, 2013 You ground the RCA shields to the head unit case. I have never had to do this with any Pioneer and don't recommend you do, if the pico fuse for your RCA grounds isn't blown it will be after you do this. It may take care of the noise but that should be treated at the source since it is obviously making it into your signal path somehow. I'm going to try regrounding the amp maybe that will work
Crandis16 Posted March 1, 2013 Report Posted March 1, 2013 this is a very common problem with pioneer head units. Pioneer is all I have used, but I have never personally seen this problem would a ground isolator work too? My Red zx2 Build Log My Black zx2 Build Log My Red zx2 UBL
8ight Posted March 1, 2013 Report Posted March 1, 2013 A ground isolator will: -Quiet your signal a little -Help or resolve the noise completely Without a guarantee to do either because once again the underlying problem remains the same. They are dirt cheap, though. I'm gonna hate
AI James Posted March 1, 2013 Report Posted March 1, 2013 dont even know if the issue is with the deck.
8ight Posted March 1, 2013 Report Posted March 1, 2013 I like to think it's not, it is easy to pop that fuse in most Pio decks but it only happens when they are installed improperly and usually isn't a problem for most. I'm gonna hate
Antonio Moore Posted March 1, 2013 Author Report Posted March 1, 2013 I doubt it's fuse I had professionally installed. I noticed that the HU is grounded to a fuse box. I haven't had a chance to try regrounding that yet
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.