Badass 8 picture. Plan for new build. Hammer's budget fun.

Finishing my Enclosure  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How I should finish my enclosure, allowing multiple choice, please pick two max please.

• Fur
    • Bedliner, Trunk coating Black
    • Vinyl (black/gray)
    • Carpet
    • Splatter paint
    • Wood Veneer, wood vinyl (Pita due to box size/dims)

very nice box for the kenwoods:)

Thanks man. I think thats why I have such good results for a low power budget build.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

That is a Octoport right? Box makes everything :) you plan on upgrading those subs? Maybe sundown e series? Those are pretty cheap

Square removeable ports. I need to make some a few inches longer and do a roundover..they are tuned a little higher then I want right now I can't touch below 30really

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

• 3 weeks later...

So my CDT mids are heading back for a refund...one arrived blown and the working one didn't sound nearly as good as I expected....honestly I was really dissapointed.

I'm going back to running passive instead of active...its too much headache playign with mids tweets all the time, and now i finally found I like the AQ/SQ tweets I'm going to give their component set a shot. Maybe do two sets form them on about 50w a piece.

PULLING my 4-12 budget box...actually selling it all on Craigslist for 100$ with box lol, i probalby have 100 into the buildign materials alone.

Putting the rear seats back in...honestly its like I never used them, then took them out and wished I had them back.

For the new substage I'm going with a Custom 8" form SPLaudio. Built for my bk1300 so if it does rated..1300wRMS..probably more like 1k-1.2kRMS. I'm going to tune low probably mid 20's...My truck peaks realhard at 40..then falls on its face below 35-36 even if I tune to 30...fuck even my tline tuned to 28 barely hit 30 really. Not going for anything loud, just want it to sound nice and not make your ears tired on a 2hr drive.

The new enclosure will sit in between the front and rear seats right behind the center arm rest...I'm going to mount the 8" sexiness inverted to get enough airspace to do ported hopefully. I can extend the bottom the box under the rear seats and probably will so I could get extra airspace and use the seats to hold the enclosure down.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Hopefully getting this crazy little bastard in a few days. Custom from SPLaudio off CA forums. SA12 motor on an 8.... have to remove gasket to mount normal, or run inverted with gasket lol.

temporary_zpsfb7875bc.jpg

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Sweet 30 lb 8" sub there man, lol

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Yeah should be cool, I'm going to go with 1ohm on my amp first, if the soft parts can't handle it and it takes a shit I'll recone with d4 and run 2ohm and everything will be dandy. I think i'm going to build a box that I can swap ports for daily really low tune, and high like 40-45 to try and burp it to see what kind of score I can pull at a local meet. IDK what to expect really, I'm just hoping for it all to sound pretty good and don't mind if its alot quieter then my current setup. If it performs well on rock and I can play some decaf I will be satisfied.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Thinking external aeroports?

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

Archived