Second Skin Audio

help with hdc3 15 box

9tr3g

Im going to build this on thursday. What is the 45 in the back of the port? Also would it hurt to extend the side the port is on 1.5 inches instead of trying to cut it out of the double baffle. Im not the straightest with a jigsaw lol. If it will change the tuning ill give it a shot but I have a feeling the corners will look bad lol.

If you are doing this with a jigsaw you need a guide for it, I wouldn't attempt to do 45s with it just sand all the inner edges of the port, at the ends and at the turn.

I will be able to use a table saw for my big cuts but im not sure what would be the best was to do the port. Im assuming ill have to use a jigsaw unless im being retarded and theres a better way. Its been a long time since I did any wood work like that.

you can cut each layer of the baffle separately, glue them and then sand, there are various assembly methods to avoid cutting the port such as this:

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

But needs to be perfectly made, the first method stays strong even if your build quality is not that great.

I think your right the second way seems significantly weaker. I guess ill just have to be careful on the port. My girls dad builds cabinets so im going to get him to help me out. I completly forgot he did that lol.

Archived