New component set arrived today

purplesyrup

Back in the day Mb quart was made in Germany, everything about then was higher quality than they are now. Did you test fs and see if it matches?

hunter, do you know a simple way i can go about doing this? i have multimeters and basic things around the house, but that is something i've never tested, i just searched online and found a method using things i do not have, even a link to instruction would be cool

XS-power1.jpg

Back in the day Mb quart was made in Germany, everything about then was higher quality than they are now. Did you test fs and see if it matches?

hunter, do you know a simple way i can go about doing this? i have multimeters and basic things around the house, but that is something i've never tested, i just searched online and found a method using things i do not have, even a link to instruction would be cool

tap on it with ur finger lol. Thats the resonating frequency. Also just feeling the suspension, I can honestly get it within 5-10hz unless its over 90hz then I lose it.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

tap on it with ur finger lol. Thats the resonating frequency. Also just feeling the suspension, I can honestly get it within 5-10hz unless its over 90hz then I lose it.

hmm, not sure if i could pull that off or not, lol I can tell you what kind of wine is in a glass by the smell and taste though, lol

XS-power1.jpg

hmm, not sure if i could pull that off or not, lol I can tell you what kind of wine is in a glass by the smell and taste though, lol

lol I cannot do that. But you kno the FS of your sub, its a 12"? so your fs is mid to high 30's? it should only sound a little higher than your sub if it FS's at 40

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

I'd definitely say they're worth a try for the prices,a friend of mine is going to be getting some of their marine speakers for his boat. I had MBQ comps back in the day and IMO they were garbage,the 6.5 mids in the doors always cut off at high volumes. They were on a PG ZX450 so I know it wasn't the amp.. They're prob better now than they were then. lol

Right on, Im going to hook them up on low power today and take a video on a little excursion and possibly how clear the sound produced is

You could use a tuner app for a smart phone, There are some that will tell you what frequency the pitch is at so tapping it like suggested above in conjunction with the tuner you could get it spot on

Hey man, been patiently waiting to see if you finally hooked these bitches up, curious if they are any good!

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

• 2 weeks later...