Sundown Audio

That's a stupid question anyways. Loud is subjective, enclosure is a factor, and acoustics are a bitch. Done and done.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I know. I'm being general. Asking his loud a sub is pretty open ended with so many factors. Plus, to talk about a sub and the way it sounds to someone who's never heard it is like describing a color you've never seen. Besides a couple posts, I unfortunately don't see too much productive information coming from the questions posed.

I liked the E8 sub, especially for the cost. I wanted like 32 in a clam but who knows.

I got one of 520 watts rms and takes it no problem. Pretty loud for one, but my loud and you're loud are 2 different things, I'm more of SQ than SPL

How would you rate yours at 520w on sq and spl? Ive got a Sa-8v2 with a hifonics hfi1000d (pushin 650w rms) and it sounds good but, it is my first set up and ive never had anything else to compare it to (and its in a 0.64ft3 box slot ported @35hz).
If i was you i would buy two E-8v3's for about 80/ piece, run atleast 1000w combined, and in a ported box (good value for all of that). Heck i paid 145 for one v2 and 110 for the amp and I think it goes deep. Plus the fact that it blows my friends minds when i tell them i only have an 8. :)

The only thing i dont know is that the resonant frequency of the e8v3 is 51.9hz and xmax is only 12mm which reminds me of a sealed box rock sub. The resonant frequency of the v2 is 34.6hz and xmax is at 16.5.

Also if you havent already bought an amp Hifonics makes a great series of high powered amps called the "Brutus" line at 1200+

I've never been on the meter before and this is my first setup also, the box is slotted. I have videos on my YouTube channel my s/n is lowlifehater8 , very good SQ takes the power with ease. Moves my headliner in my 2012 Accord coupe! I don't think you can really beat the E8v3s, great value and will not disappoint you. I plan on adding 2 more on around 1000 watts or a lil more on a Soundstream TX1.1300D. Plays lows pretty good, would be better if I was tuned low I bet. My next box will be tuned to 30hz.
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Car:
- 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT

- aFe SRI

Electrical:

- Big 3 w/ Execution Audio 0/1 AWG OFC
- Stock Battery

Audio:

- JBL Power Series 6.5 Comps up front (Running off HU power atm)

- JBL Power Series 2-Ways in the rear deck (Running off HU power atm)

Subwoofer:

- Sundown Audio X-15
- CT Sounds AT1400.1D (@1 ohm)

Bedroom:

- Yamaha RX-V365

- Pair of Klipsch KG4.2's

- 2 E8v3's in a 1.34ft^3 tuned to 30hz
- No Amp yet..

- CoolMax ZU900B PSU for amp

In my room & previous car:
- Amp: Soundstream TX1.1300D @ 4 ohms (520 watts)
- T-Line Enclosure tuned to 32hz
YouTube : http://www.youtube.c...r8?feature=mhee

Thanks sobased, just checked out your vids. I am constrained to 38w x18h and I want to keep the depth at 16 or so to allow for amp rack, so I may have to drop from 3 subs to 4, but from what I am seeing of the e-8 it will probably meet my needs pretty well. If you tune to 30, let me know how it works out, also what are you tuned at right now?

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Thanks sobased, just checked out your vids. I am constrained to 38w x18h and I want to keep the depth at 16 or so to allow for amp rack, so I may have to drop from 3 subs to 4, but from what I am seeing of the e-8 it will probably meet my needs pretty well. If you tune to 30, let me know how it works out, also what are you tuned at right now?

I am currently tuned to 35hz, it's a very musical box and sounds about great on everything I've gone through. When I build another box, the box will be for 3 of them and that'll be sometime between now and May. I'm trying to sell my E12s first (I can fit one in my car, but I can also fit 3 8s, and I shall do the 3 E8v3s).

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Car:
- 2013 Honda Accord Sport 6MT

- aFe SRI

Electrical:

- Big 3 w/ Execution Audio 0/1 AWG OFC
- Stock Battery

Audio:

- JBL Power Series 6.5 Comps up front (Running off HU power atm)

- JBL Power Series 2-Ways in the rear deck (Running off HU power atm)

Subwoofer:

- Sundown Audio X-15
- CT Sounds AT1400.1D (@1 ohm)

Bedroom:

- Yamaha RX-V365

- Pair of Klipsch KG4.2's

- 2 E8v3's in a 1.34ft^3 tuned to 30hz
- No Amp yet..

- CoolMax ZU900B PSU for amp

In my room & previous car:
- Amp: Soundstream TX1.1300D @ 4 ohms (520 watts)
- T-Line Enclosure tuned to 32hz
YouTube : http://www.youtube.c...r8?feature=mhee

Damn bro lol its crazy how some people don't read your post carefully and assume this is a vs. thread when u made it clear its not lol and then they try and say ur breaking a rule when recently a moderator told people to be helpful to new members or just don't post.. People are quick to say your breaking a rule but don't check themselves

But anyways I have a pair of sa-8v2's and these bad boys take just about anything u throw at them, they get low considering they are only 8's. I haven't put my truck on a termlab but they flex my truck like crazy. I'm sure any sundown 8 will preform good in the right box good luck

Alvi, seriously...you fail. Please stop. You obviously have no idea what rule they were talking about (as farfetched as it was), literally have nothing to add, and I'm sorry more posts couldn't be littered with misconceptions like: size of subwoofer does not dictate frequency response and body flex is not an indication of loud or performance.