Battery Isolater Help

I have a couple ?'s with installation of a pac-200. I have stock battery and 2 batteries going in rear. 1st can I use the remote turn on lead as the "accessory/12v on"? 2nd the rear line is fused with a 200 amp anl going back, now the other line going to front battery, does this also need fused? It is a very short distance from Isolater and stock battery. If I cannot use remote turn on lead, would the "RED" wire of my head unit work, as yellow is constant? Sorry guess that's 3 ?'s lol thanks for any input out there

200amp HO

Big 3

Diamond Audio S500s (front)

Diamond Audio M65.1a (rear)

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kicker, Stinger, Knu 0 gauge, 4 gauge

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

Are you planning on running your system for extended periods of time with the car off?

If not I'd stay away from isolators.

If you're set on using one then use a relay between your HU remote turn-on lead.

Remote turn ons don't' have much for current capacity so to protect the HU, use a relay.

What gauge cable are you running to the back?

The red wire should be constant power. The yellow is usually switched with the ignition switch.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I used an isolator in the beginning of my build. It really messed up voltage so i wouldnt use one. My back batteries sat at 15v with the car off and 12.2 car running

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Wow did not know that about voltage, it was purchased with a box of goodies. So I thought it would help. I never play my system without car on. Just when I am driving. Damn I spent 2 hours re-soldering 0 gauge wire in sections, re-running shit ughhh. Oh well rather have it done right lol Thanks for info everyone!!!!

200amp HO

Big 3

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I had the same one you are looking at and i had the voltage problem too.. it stole about 1 volt from my system and half of the time it didn't connect the front and back.. causing my back batteries to eventually die.. i wouldn't recommend them at all

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

i have a pac-200 that is kinda set up weird. i have one in line from my alternator to my rear batteries. reason being is i have a wet cell in the front and two agm in the rear so i ran thru an isolator so when i turn the truck off the rear batteries dont level off with my main battery. but i havent had any problems YET my setup is still new, so im just putting in my experience in. oh and i used the relay from my cig lighter to power the iso.

Thanks for your input, I actually have a wet cell up front and was adding a kinetik hc2000 to an existing spv70 stinger so 2 dry cells in rear. I got the isolater in a box of goodies when a guy on local CL was selling all his wiring (stinger 0g, dist blocks, etc..) He was done with huge systems. So I had no manual and got dif ways to hook it up online. So I posted this thread. I have already removed it and just ran my set up like this, batt....fuse.............fuse....kinetik....spv70.....ground. Now my question is am i in danger of running a wet, and 2 dry w/o an isolater??????

200amp HO

Big 3

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

The danger you will be in is that wet cells and Agm charge and discharge differently. You may suck down your rear battery and your front wet battery may not have been sucked down as hard so your Agm will pull from the wet cell and drain it trying to recharge itself.

This is my understanding I could be totally off but I have heard both ways w/iso and w/o iso but without they always have the same family battery

Archived