Mikey27 Posted March 6, 2013 Report Posted March 6, 2013 Ok so I just replaced my soundstorm DVD player with a kenwood kvt-516 DVD player and my subs are not hitting near as hard as they were with my soundstorm.if I have it at low volume it sounds alright,but when I turn it up to bump it,it sounds like its not picking up the deep bass and it kinda sounds like there bottom out like their under powered and I didn't have this problem with my old head unit.my pre amp output voltage is 2 volts....could this be the problem?..i dont know what the pre amp out put voltage was on my old one either....I have a ground loop problem which I'm working on but I don't think that would have anything to do with my subs not hitting like they should be...any body have an answer for me?!? System: Kenwood kvt-516 600 watt kicker amp 2 15" audiobahn aluminums
bcbrassard Posted March 7, 2013 Report Posted March 7, 2013 Sounds like the old DVD player had a better processor for your sub pre outs. Maybe a sub line driver?
Mikey27 Posted March 7, 2013 Author Report Posted March 7, 2013 I was told that and I started doing research and I read alot of good things and then I read alot of bad things....so I didn't know if I should get one or not.
CJSmith Posted March 7, 2013 Report Posted March 7, 2013 What was the preout voltage on your sound storm, and on your current head unit? *Rebuid in progress*
CJSmith Posted March 7, 2013 Report Posted March 7, 2013 Your sounstorm could've had 2v preouts, and your new headunit might have 4v+ preouts and it would cause your amp to clip. *Rebuid in progress*
Mikey27 Posted March 7, 2013 Author Report Posted March 7, 2013 I don't know what it was on my old one...I tried searching it and couldn't find it all I found was that it was 85x4....but the pre out voltage on my kenwood is 2 volts.
n8ball2013 Posted March 7, 2013 Report Posted March 7, 2013 Turn up the sub out THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
CJSmith Posted March 7, 2013 Report Posted March 7, 2013 What are all your settings on your amp set at? *Rebuid in progress*
Mikey27 Posted March 7, 2013 Author Report Posted March 7, 2013 I have the gain all the way up....bass boost barely even moved but I pretty put everything back to where it was with my old head unit cuz I adjust something's from my head unit.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.