My LGA 2011 Build

Silverstone Raven RV01 Case

i7 3820 Processor (I don't OC it, because I really don't need to)

EVGA X79 FTW 151-SE-E777-K2 mobo

Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling

12gb DDR3 1600 corsair ram (nothing special, will be upgraded)

Mushkin 60gb SSD (DX model), will be thrown in a raid0+1 along with ram upgrade.

XFX Double-D FX-795A-TDFC Radeon 7950 3gb 384bit GDDR5

Mem clock OC'd to 1500mhz

Core clock @ 1001mhz

Running two 23" monitors @ 1920x1080p of course..I also have a black magic intensity pro installed, I stream gameplay from my xbox which is also setup to one of the monitors.

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 keyboard w/ Logitech G500 mouse

Astro a40 2011 mixamp, w/ astro a40s, sometimes I swap them out for steel series siberia v2s..

And the moment you've all been waiting for..

11423_10200607892698776_2047713655_n.jpg

61917_4945270548584_1606218422_n.jpg

Fortunately for me, the next line of processors from intel will have extreme series that are LGA 2011, I look forward to upgrading :D

Nice try posting some benchmarks up.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but there was some confusing stuff you posted.

I'm guessing that motherboard is a EVGA X79 FTW. How did you manage to get 12 gigs of ram? And get it to fit under the H80. That case is only a little wider than that fan.

And why do you have the video card in the wrong slot in the second pic? :-p

Oh yes, sorry I did leave out the mobo model, I will edit the post-thanks for pointing that out. Great guess btw!

And I'm also not trying to be a dick but..

Why are you confused about me getting 12gb of ram-three 4gb sticks into a mobo that has 4 dimm slots and supports 32gb of ram? I know..I'm not quad channeling, so much fail (yet benchmarks have out performed 16gb setups..sup with that & will post later)

And what makes you think that any of the x16 slots are "wrong" in any of the pics?

PS: It may be a little confusing, as I had an old graphics card in the system before (an old XFX 4850 1gb) - but none of the slots are "wrong"

The corsair h80 has a radiator with two 120mm fans attached, which is located where the 120mm stock fan would be on this case, as you can plainly see in the picture?

You would be better off putting in 2 sticks, otherwise the banks wont interleave correctly.

Only the first 2 slots are 16x, the other 3 are 8x

I just thought the H80 would stick too far down and hit the top ram slots, or not leave enough room.

so what model Vizio monitors you using???

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I've got a samsung px2370, and some random acer 23" that I just use as a secondary.. both LED 1080p

You would be better off putting in 2 sticks, otherwise the banks wont interleave correctly.

I just thought the H80 would stick too far down and hit the top ram slots, or not leave enough room.

You can see the h80 in the pic, it clears the two dimms that you of course can't see, and yeah you're right about the banks not interleaving properly, but it's temporary and I cbf caring at the moment..

That's also not true about the slots..you can configure each slot at whatever speeds you like with switches on the board, up to two of the five x16 slots can run at x16 at the same time..

If anything you should be asking me why there's an x4 card in an x16 slot ;) The reason being that the graphics card is covering it the x1 slot..and that's for better airflow because of the way the motherboard is mounted at a 90 degree difference than most systems.

I've got a samsung px2370, and some random acer 23" that I just use as a secondary.. both LED 1080p

You can see the h80 in the pic, it clears the two dimms that you of course can't see, and yeah you're right about the banks not interleaving properly, but it's temporary and I cbf caring at the moment..

That's also not true about the slots..you can configure each slot at whatever speeds you like with switches on the board, up to two of the five x16 slots can run at x16 at the same time..

If anything you should be asking me why there's an x4 card in an x16 slot ;) The reason being that the graphics card is covering it the x1 slot..and that's for better airflow because of the way the motherboard is mounted at a 90 degree difference than most systems.

I see that now about the slots. The way they have it listed on newegg it seemed that was the order. Thats pretty sweet.

Shit, I have a PCIE network card in a 4x slot. Its a horrid waste, but it was the best spot on the board.

We just got a 2011 xeon machine in at work. Has 64GB of FBDIMMs. Gave me a hard on.

Not bad, I remember my first hard on from a server.. I'm a senior IT field technician so nothing really impresses me too much anymore server wise..them gaming rigs though...that shit's a different story.

I don't really see the point in a pcie NIC..I haven't seen any 10gbps equipment in front of me yet (besides the NICs)..still only running a 24 port gigabit switch at home on a 43.04Mbps down and 38.16Mbps up line..

Archived